The Manager, Product Management is a strategic role, responsible for managing the lifecycle of consumable products within the Clinical Chemistry group. This includes managing the development of strategic marketing plans for one or more specific products on a global basis within the Diagnostic Division. The Manager must have an excellent understanding of the market and customers dynamics, developing systems integration positioning, commercialization, and launch strategies, market research and product obsolescence planning; ensure products are leveraged based on opportunity; initiates and analyzes market research and participate as a team member in new products development. Represents the “Voice of the Customer” within the Project Core Team, by gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining product vision and commercial strategy. This individual must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision and excellent understanding of the market and customer dynamics. Furthermore, the Manager must be able to communicate with all areas of the Company, the incumbent will interact with R&D, Supply Chain, QRA, Outbound Marketing and Marketing communication.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to end of life
- Specifying customer requirements for current and future products by gathering specific “voice of the customer”.
- Developing Marketing and Commercialization plans as well as Launch Packages
- Communicating with outbound marketing on a global basis
- Representing Product Management in the Core Team for either new products development and/or enhancement of existing products
- Bachelor’s degree in field with 9+ years’
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher's portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technologies. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher's 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $13.2 billion of revenue in 2010.
North America-United States-CA-Brea
- related experience or Master’s degree with 7 years’ related experience
- MBA and/or Med Tech license is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the Beckman Coulter Clinical Diagnostic product portfolio
- Experience in delivering projects in a recognized project management framework
- Effective critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Available to travel domestic and international when required
- Technical background is preferred
Beckman Coulter - 10 months ago
Beckman Coulter, Inc., the largest operating company of the Danaher family, is a manufacturer and marketer of biomedical testing instrument...