Applies extensive product and market knowledge to sell to a major, complex national or strategic/sophisticated account. Maximizes sales to top tier accounts by implementing advanced business planning, forecasting, analytical and category management expertise. Builds relationships with account personnel including top management, merchandising, accounting, advertising, operations, logistics and finance. Synchronizes cross-functional internal account team. |
Customer Account Management: Demonstrate ability to drive sales results while providing best in class customer service.
• Negotiate slotting and terms of trade activity with customer
• Create & present business reviews
• Gain customer approval for in-store activation (IRC, Tear Pads, Signs, etc.)
• Create/maintain merchandising grid (Excel based)
• Address retail pricing issues with customer
• Manage routine cuts/supply issues with customer
• Secure order for DRUs/MODs from customer
• Communicate changes to CAG policy, discontinued items, pricing actions, recalls/product quality issues to customer
• Handle customer/consumer complaints
Manage ConAgra Foods product sales: Utilize product, category, customer and consumer data to identify opportunities and prepare selling presentations.
• Manage new product launches
• Expand distribution of ConAgra Foods products
• Manage multiple food groups – full CAG portfolio
Business Planning/Financial accountability: Conduct sales analytics, using available insights to provide solutions to customer needs.
• Develop annual business plan and achieve top and bottom line financial goals
• Align customer strategies with ConAgra Foods’ strategic plan to build a collaborative business plan
• Understand and execute marketing plan sales material
• Monitor trade activity execution
• Complete ongoing general business analytics and evaluate risks, opportunities & threats
• Evaluate customer specific reports and standardized IRI reports
• Monitor daily cut reports and take action where necessary
Relationship Management within internal matrix organization
• Work in conjunction with retail effectiveness to communicate sales priorities (new items/UPC changes/POGs) with retail broker partner
• Communicate priorities/updates to retail effectiveness
• Communicate to other sales personnel and functions within ConAgra Foods as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, marketing (or related field or equivalent work experience)
• Minimum five years industry related experience with at least three years direct sales experience.
• Proven sales ability with strong negotiation skills
• Experience in sales planning & forecasting
• Must show proven ability to build and maintain strong, effective relationships with customers and functional groups. Must show aptitude to effectively interpret and use multiple information sources to develop customer-specific tactical plans and options.
• Demonstrates potential to move across other functions of the team and/or organization (Category Leadership, Joint Business Planning, etc.)
• Strong business and financial acumen: advanced business analytics skills, customer P & L agility, ability to plan, track and evaluate trade management
• Ability to make recommendations for solutions based on information gathered and analyzed from the systems previously mentioned
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy of data entry
• Understanding of the total business process and procedures
• Ability to manage trade spending
• Strong technical, report running and analytical abilities
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to troubleshoot problems
• Ability to work within a matrix organization. Works with multiple Account Managers/Sales Directors to discuss and prioritize work initiatives
ConAgra Foods - 11 months ago
ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and frozen...