BUY FOR LE$$, Supermercado and Uptown Grocery Co. currently employs 1,200 people in 14 stores across the OKC Metro. We are proud of the quality of our perishables and the great values we provide throughout the stores. We tailor each store to the community it serves and make a special effort to provide our Guests the best possible service.
Competitive pay, vacation, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life, LTD, and AD&D.
Full time, hourly responsibility. Must be available weekdays, weekends, holidays for various shifts, particularly evenings and on occasion work at another store location; usually 40 hours a week over 5 days, but occasionally more (overtime) to support business surges, vacations, etc. Must be available to adjust schedule to meet business demands.
Buy For Less is seeking motivated and self-driven individuals to fill the Manager On Duty responsibilities. Individual will be managing closing operations of a Buy For Less stores. This includes the responsibilities of all security procedures, such as arming and disarming security systems, handling cash and assuring that the store is ready to be closed in excellent condition until the next opening. It also requires a great deal of detail work and precision, physical work and energy. Buy For Less is a successful and growing company with many opportunities to advance within the organization. We have a strong well organized structure of management to allow for any level of challenge in your advancement.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MANAGER ON DUTY:
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MANAGER ON DUTY:
- Previous management experience preferred
- Mathematical skills to include ability to count cash and other monetary instruments, add and subtract multiply and divide quickly.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- PC skills with an emphasis on MS Outlook.
- Working knowledge of all supermarket areas (produce, meat, deli, bakery, grocery, etc.) strongly desired.
- Ability to demonstrate trustworthiness and integrity in daily activities.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Large emphasis on Guest Service with a friendly, helpful, and courteous attitude.
- Follow closing cash office procedures including: count and balance closing personnel tills, verify office paperwork, take pulls from cashiers and enter accurate information in the system, provide change for cashiers and Front End Manages when requested, count and balance the safe.
- Reports cashiers and cash office employee's shortages.
- Safety awareness and ability to fill out incident reports as necessary including workers compensation and general liability.
- Ensuring overall safety of entire store, Guests and employees.
- Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise needed.
- Receive merchandise and check invoices when necessary
- Performs store inspections for closing.
- Ensures store sanitation (floors, restrooms, check stands, departments, etc).
- Modify schedule requirements and react in favor of such modifications.
- Prepares merchandise displays when required by the Store Director.
- Reports to Store Director.
- Stock merchandise, cleans shelves, and shelf tag molding as needed when stocking, and rotating products.
- Tears down empty cartons and disposes of them properly.
- Assures policies and standards safety guidelines are followed.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, and lift heavy items (min 45lbs).
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to push/pull heavy loads. Buy For Less is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer