*SABRE GDS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED*
Manages the travel operations of 10-40 employees for one or more corporate travel offices or on-sites. Responsible for managing the operations, including telephone service levels, budget and cost management, quality service, client retention, employee development and satisfaction, process / policy adherence, and contractual obligations to customer.
Job Specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed customer expectations by managing customer service to agreed levels related to telephone, quality, and productivity and by providing value added solutions and recommendations.
- Works with account management to manage customer relationships and deliver on contractual obligations.
- Maintains knowledge of preferred vendor programs and applies knowledge to exploit company-vendor relationships.
- Manages staffing levels to achieve service levels and productivity
- Executes, or directs the completion of, personnel recruiting, hiring, training, development, motivation, and separation. Exercises hiring and firing authority.
- Manages the performance of direct reports and down line employees.
- Conducts performance reviews for direct reports. Assures performance review delivery for down line employees.
- Ensures proper human resources and company processes and policies are followed.
- Effectively manages and controls expenses, sets and monitors performance to budget. Ensures proper allocation of expenses on monthly financial reports.
- Manages change through the development, support, and/or coordination of new process / procedures.
- Implements company standard operating procedures.
- Delivers results in all goal areas. \
- Implements continuous process improvement throughout the operation.
- Meets/exceeds profit and loss targets. Maximizes profitability while minimizing costs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of call center management and staffing techniques.
- Effective organizational and time management skills and follow-through on goals, plans, and projects
- Exhibits excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate a team and foster effective teamwork
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility.
- Demonstrates personal and organizational integrity.
- Ability to work independently exercising discretion and judgment.
- Ability to embrace diversity.
- Ability to manage client relationships related to operational objectives
- Ability to resolve employee relations issues
- Ability to select, motivate, coach, and develop staff
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills including public speaking and presentations
- High school degree and 1-2 years of college
- Minimum of five (5) years corporate travel experience.
- Prior managerial experience of 2-3 years
- Knowledge of Sabre GDS.
- Thorough knowledge of travel agency operations
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Ability to work night and weekends when needed
- Prior budget and cost management experience
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and email software, Microsoft Office applications
- Thorough knowledge of BCD Travel products and services
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Travel (for positions requiring travel):
Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Field of Interest Category:
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
English - Read
English - Speak
English - Write
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and...