About First Data First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction. " > Job Description
This position is responsible for the analytics and management of terminal estate, inventory, swaps, and handling complaints related to terminals not performing, reviewing Helpdesk and Terminal SLAs , optimizing asset control and inventory management. Also this position is responsible for development of sourcing strategies, assisting in the preparation and presentation of cost-benefit analysis and business cases for specific strategic sourcing / insourcing opportunities. The position is also responsible for the daily supervision of asset management return and sales team. Job Specific Responsibilities · Assist Global POS Leasing Manager in managing the relationships with Banking sponsors and Suppliers of Point of Sale terminals along with terminal supply chain, report on manufacturer SLAs for delivery and other services.
Refurbed and Used terminal inventory management and reporting. Manage swap rate.
- Chair monthly meeting with supply chain and Bank affiliates and FD partners.
- Provide reporting and analysis on First Data terminal estate by manufacturer, terminal type and terminal model.
- Provide Terminal Estate reporting to Banks and First Data Senior Management.
- Represent asset management needs to Leasing Systems, Credit Systems and other IT and systems projects.
- Provide technical and business direction to the suppliers for eDelivery and eWithdrawal / eRefurb. Manage POS manufacturers and other third party service and product suppliers for FDGL.
- Reconciliation of invoices and manufacturer cost reporting.
- Financial modeling of service options (extended warranty vs. replace from inventory).
Very detailed oriented.
- Responsible for maximizing overall profitability by reducing cost of goods sold and increasing pricing opportunities through new and differentiating products and services.
- Assist in Pricing Process by providing detailed and accurate cost information and volume assumptions.
- Report on terminal collection success rate by supplier and courier.
- · Assist Global POS Leasing Manager / Director along with First Data Product Team to p ush FD terminal line in EMEA.
- These responsibilities require the incumbent to be in the office 5 days per week' Candidate Requirements · Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent prioritization and communication skills
- Goal orientated approach and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Drive and energy to achieve desired results
Preferred knowledge with SQL, MS Access, Visual Basic, C++, Java or similar programming language
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Experience with Infotrieves and Infolease desirable but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills, executing several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to execute on strategic projects.
- Logical and methodical problem-solving
- Manage, plan and direct the activities of direct reports and staff
- Ability to motivate interfacing staff and encourage them to develop their understanding of quality processes and abilities to make sound quality judgments based on data
- Continually suggest and investigate improved products, features, services, processes and business models
- Supervise Asset returns and sales team Preferred Qualifications Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. 3 to 5 years experience in operations/production environment required. 2 to 3 years previous supervisory experience required.
First Data - 30+ days ago
Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, First Data can provide you with a wealth of exciting challenges...