Parallon Business Solutions, based in Franklin, Tennessee is a recently formed subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) and provides healthcare organizations with financial management, supply chain, purchasing, I.T. and staffing services that allow those organizations to concentrate on providing high quality patient care. Over the past 12 years, Parallon’s shared service solutions have been developed and proven in 250 hospitals and 2,000 non-acute care providers across the country. Through its five business units, Parallon provides complete revenue cycle and business process expertise, workforce management, supply chain and I.T. services along with the purchasing power of HealthTrust Purchasing Group that serve approximately 1,400 hospitals and 11,000 non-acute care providers. Parallon has a team of nearly 25,000 dedicated people who are committed to serving the needs of the healthcare industry.
The Patient Access Systems Manager position is responsible for assisting in the development, evolution and implementation of systems to support the overall strategy for Parallon operations in the critical area of Patient Access, which includes Scheduling, Pre-Registration, Insurance Verification, Registration and Financial Counseling. The Patient Access Systems Manager is responsible for providing primary support for the multiple HIS systems implemented at Parallon supported facilities, including Meditech, Epic, HMS and others. This position will work closely with the Parallon Patient Access Systems Director, AVP of Patient Access and the VP of Revenue Cycle Operations in the development and evolution of system standards, as well as identification and implementation of Parallon Best Demonstrated Practices across all clients. This position will also have a significant interaction with IT&S and SSC leadership including RPADs, AVPs of Client Relations, and Central Scheduling/Verification Directors and Managers.
- Serve as Parallon Patient Access secondary subject matter expert relative to HIS and other Patient Access technology solutions, including Meditech, Epic, HMS and others.
- Work with the SSC Patient Access leaders to implement and execute reporting and monitoring across multiple HIS systems for key process improvement initiatives such as Registration Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide technical guidance and support for all Parallon clients in the areas of Patient Access operations, particularly in the areas of HIS integration and technology solutions.
- Evaluate and refine system requirements documents created by IT&S and other technical units to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
- Capture and validate potential system issues and monitor through defect resolution.
- Facilitate design sessions and technical review meetings with the SSC Patient Access leaders, focusing on overall issue resolution for technology upgrades and implementations.
- Enhance management reporting to support both internal management and Executive Management reporting needs, including monthly results reporting and forecasts.
- Build customer relationships with all SSC clients.
- Work with other Parallon subject matter experts to ensure a comprehensive approach for integration within SSC operations.
- Work closely with Internal Audit to refine test plans for Patient Access operations.
- Work closely with Parallon Compliance to help ensure compliance with governmental requirements relating to Patient Access operations.
- Work with Project Management and others to develop plans for implementation of and updates to technology solutions in Patient Access.
- Work with Parallon Education to ensure training materials remain relevant to Industry Standards and Parallon Best Demonstrated Practices, as well as develop training materials for new technologies implemented.
- Work with Parallon IT&S to ensure Operation’ expectations for effective IT system support.
B.S. in Business Administration or equivalent work experience. Minimum 3-7 years healthcare management operations. Preferred experience with multiple HIS and Patient Access solutions, including Meditech, Epic, HMS and others.
Previous SSC experience preferred.
HCA Inc - 15 months ago