Parallon Business Solutions includes financial services, revenue operations, patient account services, health information management, and human resources for our non-hospital lines of business, allowing patient care delivery partners to direct all of their attention and commitment to quality patient care.
The Patient Access Manager is responsible for the daily operations of all functions and serves as the liaison between the Service Center and the facility. The Patient Access Manager integrates the department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Perform patient registration function when needed to ensure wait times are kept to a minimum
• Ensure QA on registrations for all areas of Registration
• Provide continuous training for and communicates changes to existing employees
• Prepare payroll and completes monthly work schedules as needed to ensure adequate staffing levels
• Follow-up on patient complaints promptly
• Implement and promote excellent customer service
• Work closely and professionally with outside agencies on special projects developed by the corporate office
• Interview, hire, evaluate, and counsel Patient Access staff members
• Perform evaluations in a timely manner
• Train new employees in all aspects of their assigned job
• Supervise and maintain the productivity of employees
• Review the quality of patient registration documents on a daily basis
• Process all paperwork in a timely manner
• Work closely with fellow managers to ensure all procedures regarding patient accounts are completed in a thorough and timely manner
• Complete monthly reports to the Director (ARMAP, Clear Access, etc.)
• Responsible for Dept. Operations Report, FTEs and Operating budgets
• Ensure all personnel policies are followed
• Develop and maintain a Patient Access Policy and Procedure Manual
• Effectively manage and direct all areas of registration to ensure quality, productivity, and customer service
• Maintain a clean MPI on Meditech and works closely with Medical Records on a daily basis
• Maintain QA statistics and reports
• Monitor and maintain Daily Preservice Log, BILL45, and Alpha Census according to established
Business Office standard
• Act in the capacity of Director in his/her absence
• High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Patient Access experience
• Minimum 3 years management experience
Parallon Business Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
HCA Inc - 12 months ago