- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation and distribution of Flight, Ground and Administrative payrolls for 9,000+ employees and retirees.
- Establishes direction, goals and objectives for the payroll department with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Ensures payroll operations comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) along with government regulations.
- Ensures data integrity of payroll and related subsystems and compliance with document retention policies.
- Manages and develops payroll staff to achieve Company and department goals and objectives.
- Establishes and maintains partnerships between Employee Services, Information Systems, Finance and Operations departments.
- Participates in design and implementation of new systems, methods and processes to enhance processing and issue resolution.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal payroll tax reporting regulations.
- Supervises preparation of payroll tax returns, journal entries and reconciliations of payroll general ledger liability accounts.
- Ensures the transfer of payroll tax deposits and payroll trust funds to the appropriate agencies.
- Works with systems teams to ensure human capital system is operating effectively.
- Suggests and leads process improvements and work with teams to implement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Integrity, Professionalism, Resourcefulness and Caring.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum five years experience supervising and managing an automated payroll system for 2,000+ employees preferred
- Experience with an automated payroll system for 5,000+ employees preferred
- Experience in preparation and filing of quarterly and annual payroll tax returns both federal and various states preferred
- Strong knowledge of payroll taxes, withholdings and employment regulations and laws required
- Strong leadership and communications skills required
- Strong accounting skills required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....