Manager Pharmacy Operations
Job ID: : 26075
Department: : Pharmacy Clinic Admin
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Monday through Friday general business hours.
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the Twin Cities best places to work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a non-pharmacist to oversee 15 retail clinic pharmacies in the Twin Cities. The operations manager will supervise clinic pharmacy staff and supports clinic pharmacy staff in providing recognition, coaching, and where necessary, discipline. This also includes providing oversight to staffing/ scheduling and implementing effective monitoring and feedback tools. The manager will coordinate effective communication within the pharmacy, the clinics and with customers and will collaborate with the Pharmacy Practice Manager to ensure adherence to meet State Board and other regulatory agency requirements. This person manages the clinic pharmacy budgets, provides timely investigation and corrective action to incidents/complaints and upholds and implements pharmacy goals.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Key roles, responsibilities & functions for this position) (For supervisory position -- indicate positions/departments supervised)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum qualifications needed for this position)
- Overall accountability for Clinic Pharmacy Operations
- Workflow responsibility and monitoring
- Retail Pharmacy service quality and experience metric performance
- Pharmacist-in-Charge leadership development and coaching
- Staffing coverage and modeling
- Workload balancing and monitoring
- Inventory – Rx and OTC. Including narcotic compliance and tracking.
- Planning and development of pharmacy operations services
- Implement regulation changes and procedures in a timely manner
- Supervises clinic pharmacy staff – including pharmacists, technicians, Pharmacists In Charge
- Performing annual performance reviews in collaboration with Pharmacy Practice Manager
- Reviewing and tracking scorecards and 90 day action plans for quality improvement purposes
- Monitoring staffing and scheduling at budgeted level
- Monitoring and providing feedback to staff to ensure consistent application of HPMG & C service standards and HealthPartners policy and procedures
- Hiring, coaching, discipline and dismissal of staff
- Training and monitoring job functions
- Holding staff accountable for providing excellent patient service
- Collaborates with other managers to optimize staffing and central functions
- Administrative collaboration with Medical Group and Site Managers for Pharmacy Practice Building
- Participates in routine rounding in pharmacies and work directly with clinic providers, managers and other leaders in developing group practice building to strengthen business operations and clinical care.
- Collaborates with Central Pharmacy Services and other managers to create and optimal pharmacy experience with an overall goal to create an integrated pharmacy service.
- Manages and effectively monitors each pharmacy budget including personnel, drugs, capital.
- Develops, updates and administers pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Implements and monitors key service/quality/cost/learning and growth indicators for each pharmacy.
- Supports the development of effective inventory and narcotic control procedures.
- Works with marketing department to promote pharmacy services.
- Actively participates and collaborates in the creation, update and ongoing testing of business. continuity and disaster recovery planning and preparation for clinic pharmacy operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree
- 4 years of business and personnel management or related experience
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Working knowledge of safety standards and requirements of State, Federal, and other regulatory agencies
- Strong oral and written communication experience
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, etc
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple locations
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization
- Ability to represent the organization to internal and external clients
- Valid driver’s license
HealthPartners is nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care and we offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for job ID #26075.
- 2 years supervisory experience with union environment
- Knowledge of HealthPartners operations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals
- Ability to be financially astute and demonstrate the advantages of clinic pharmacy model of business to other business owners, providers and managers in the HealthPartners organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Experience in a union environment
- Project management experience
- Understanding of retail pharmacy business model
- Understanding of retail pharmacy technology
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HealthPartners - 14 months ago