Manager, Project & Fixed Asset Accounting (Job Number: 013170) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for overseeing and directing the controller function and business unit specific accounting of a small business unit within the Company; developing and implementing systems, internal controls, procedures and policies on the business unit accounts, activities; adhering to GAAP and company policies and procedures; reporting and reviewing the monthly accounting results with Business Unit senior management.
- Oversees and directs the teams in accounting areas; directs accounting questions and judgments for the business unit; directs and controls the accounts for the business units’ balance sheet (ensures account reconciliations).
- Directs and controls the general accounting activities, including recording company transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Works with the Shared Services Center to ensure the proper recording of business transactions.
- Prepares management reports and presents monthly accounting results to Business Unit senior management.
- Ensures compliance with accounting principles and adherence with company policy in the business unit; implements new policies and changes based on the recommendation and research provided by the Corporate Accounting External Reporting and Research group.
- Works with the external public accountants as required for executing the annual audit.
- Supports the development and implementation of accounting systems and controls; directs the documentation of accounting procedures; ensures implementation of requisite system changes to support the business units and new programs.
- Establishes project teams, assigns responsibilities, and facilitates meetings to ensure timely goal attainment.
- Plans, recommends and implements the annual expense and capital budgets.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; builds morale and motivation.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience with general accounting, general ledger accounting, general accounting principles (GAAP), FASB regulations, financial accounting and reporting.
- At least 3 years of experience working with a variety of financial platforms.
- At least 3 years of experience building, managing, mentoring, and leading teams through change in a large, complex environment, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- At least 4 years of experience utilizing applications of technical accounting principles and policies.
- At least 2 years of experience reviewing complex legal documents and discerning accounting and operational impact
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- At least 4 years of experience utilizing financial management skills, such as directing general accounting activities, accounting questions and judgments for the business unit; ensuring account reconciliations.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
Walgreens - 8 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...