Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Manage a team engaged in planning, managing, and executing varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Oversee gathering of information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications and to budget human, financial, and other resources. Ensure that subordinate staff provide technical oversight and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage day-to-day activities related to developing applications. Determine scope and priority of current and upcoming projects to allocate appropriate levels of resources to project development efforts.
- Assign staff based on skill sets and demands of projects. Provide technical guidance in the course of working on projects.
- Train staff in formal project management methodology utilized at the firm Track project progress and assess compliance with the methodology.
- Document and report progress. Ensure that reports are filed timely. Keep senior management advised of significant trends and findings and other issues. Provide high-level recommendations.
- Design, modify, install, and/or maintain metrics that drive and measure team performance.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Proven experience as a program or project manager leading large, complex projects
- Experience as a people manager or matrixed team leader in a changing environment is highly desirable
- Experience establishing project management best practices and influencing adoption is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae's SDLC or another highly structured development lifecycle is highly desirable
- Proven ability to individually drive project teams and maintain oversight of Project/Platform Leads
- Outstanding communication skills, with ability to interact effectively at Director & Officer Levels
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 15 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...