Lead the development and implementation of Universal Studios Hollywood seasonal events including Halloween Horror Nights and Grinchmas.
Manage relationships with key USH Promotional Partners to develop compelling promotions that generate awareness of key Universal Studios Hollywood marketing initiatives and offers.
Essential Responsibilities include the following:
Halloween Horror Nights/Grinchmas
- Develop the Marketing & Sales Plan working with all channel owners to implement specific in-market and in-park tactics
- Responsible for the Marketing & Sales Budget tracking and reporting for both HHN and Grinchmas
- Work with Finance team to develop pricing and attendance plan for event and specific channels including creation of all ticket types, sales reporting and tracking
- Manage intellectual partner relationships including helping with acquisition of key IPs, contracts and execution of all contractual elements
- Key Liaison between USH Creative/Brand Marketing team and external partners throughout the creative process
- Lead internal cross functional team including Operations, Entertainment, F&B, Merchandise, Finance to ensure flawless communication and execution of all aspects of the event (signage, front gate guest experience, etc.)
- Work on development and execution of Specialty Ticket Products including FOL, VIP, Killer Deal Night Pass and Day/Night Combo tickets
- Facilitate email/social media communication to ensure proper messaging
- Manage all comp tickets and distribute to necessary parties including IP’s, radio give-aways, promotions, celebrities, etc.
- Work with Research team on Guest Satisfaction, Point of Origin, and Bounceback research studies to determine key event learnings from guest perspective
- Track competitive events pricing and products
- Create integrated pitch materials and present to potential promotional partners/sponsors for events
- Develop compelling promotions with key partners that generate awareness for key Universal Studios Hollywood marketing initiatives
- Ensure all promotional materials (e.g., promotional TV / Radio spots, print ads, online ads, in-store POS) effectively communicate USH marketing message and are consistent with approved USH brand creative guidelines
- Partner with Legal team to guarantee that all promotion elements (e.g., promotional and sweepstakes rules) comply with legal guidelines
- Manage program budgets and timelines
- Post analysis of every promotion with completed Program Overviews with ROI analysis
Monitor competitor and innovative Events/Promotions within the industry
- Stay current on Industry trends and developments.
Recommend new initiatives based on observations / learnings / knowledge Qualifications/Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated outstanding relationship and partnering skills
- Strong communication skills to generate interest and commitment to ideas
- Exhibit attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to develop creative win/win proposals for partnership programs
- Ability to manage tasks and deadlines
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required, ideally but not necessarily in Marketing or Business Administration
Sound business and creative judgment along with excellent relationship skills (for partnering with external companies and internal stakeholders) are required.
- Event/Program Management and Promotional experience required
- Minimum 5 years experience in marketing, with a strong focus on event/program management, along with developing and executing consumer promotions
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required, ideally but not necessarily in Marketing or Business Administration Desired Characteristics The ideal candidate for this position would have a strong background in event/program management, solid analytical skills, and the ability to track key performance metrics while managing budget and timelines.
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Innovative mindset: someone who looks for new opportunities, generates new ideas and is able to find creative solutions
- Ability to drive development of creative assets and ensure high standard of creative excellence in execution
- Positive, ‘can-do,’ self-starter attitude. Able to initiate projects and hunt down information. Ability to work without a lot of direction.
- Ability to juggle projects and stay calm under deadline pressure
NBC Universal - 2 years ago
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of...