A Commitment to Excellence
Our staff love the VNA for its rich history, supportive management, opportunities for education and professional growth and the autonomy that homecare offers. It’s no wonder such an environment leads to positive outcomes for our patients as evidenced by recent statistics. Less than 14.5% of VNA patients are readmitted to the hospital, which puts us in the top 7% nationally. In addition, less than 6% of VNA patients are readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of discharge from multiple facilities, compared to a nationwide average of 11.7%.
Purchasing & Supply Manager is an exempt, supervisory position responsible for contracting and negotiating with vendors, purchasing, maintaining medical and office supply inventory, and filling orders for caregivers.
• Supervises and trains supply clerk and coordinator regarding day-to-day procedures and duties, providing timely and consistent coaching, feedback and reviews.
• Coordinates the purchasing of medical, office and form supply stock, with responsibility for inventory, cost of products, quality of products, and controlled utilization.
• Orders supplies at a level which ensures adequate stock but minimizes storage needs.
• Ensures that caregivers' requests for patient supplies are processed promptly and accurately.
• Coordinates transportation of supplies, paperwork, mail, etc., between VNA facilities and other locations as needed.
• Coordinates disposal of hazardous medical waste.
• Oversees supply portion of McKesson system and training of Purchasing and Supply department staff regarding McKesson.
• Associate's degree in business or related field. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) preferred.
• Two years’ experience in supplies or purchasing, preferably in health care, or related experience.
• Management experience strongly preferred.
• Valid Colorado driver license and clean driving records required.
• Understanding of electronic inventory system and use to effectively track usage, turnaround, and inventory/supply prices.
• Good communication skills and customer service dealing with employees and vendors.
• Negotiation and purchasing skills to locate, obtain favorable prices, and timely delivery of inventory items.
Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado - 21 months ago