Job Title: Manager, Quality & Internal Control Area of Interest: Information Technology
Job Description: Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. We operate a portfolio of leading cruise brands including Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon.
This is a corporate position for the management and support of Oracle Financials. The candidate will have a leadership role in the operation of the system. This candidate will be required to establish and maintain governance policies and procedures related to the global management of the eBS Oracle system. This candidate will be the primary contact and implementer for GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) module within Oracle Financials.
Primary responsibilities include monitoring and reviewing SOX compliance for overall financial systems including access, configuration controls, transactions and preventative controls through GRC and other means. Interface with OpCos to provide required access and control reviews. Interface with Corporate Audit on their requirements. Accounting of all department budgets, allocations, accruals and business cases is also a requirement of the position.
Other responsibilities include development and maintenance of Service Management and Governance policies and procedures.
The position reports to the Director of Service Management and Governance.
This Manager is responsible for the GRC module maintenance including:
a)Configuration Controls Governor (CCG)
b)Application Access Controls Governor (AACG)
c)Transction Control Governor (TCG)
d)Preventive Controls Governor (PCG)
e)GRC maintenance, user access, alert creation and reporting
- Responsibility for ongoing maintenance of rules and configurations to adapt to requested and future changes
- Coordination with local SOX coordinators on GRC control settings to ensure consistency across the OpCos
- Coordination with Corporate Audit and external Auditors as required;
- Leading the development of reporting and monitoring of Segregation of Duty controls and analysis;
- Leading the development of reporting and monitoring of configuration changes consistent with request and approval;
- Responsible for configuration controls monitoring and reporting deficiencies;
- Responsible for monitoring database access and authorization;
- Responsible for monitoring user access and authorization;
- Responsible for development and maintenance of Service Management and Governance policies and procedures and maintenance of related controls;
- Responsible for setting up the automation of access authorization;
- Responsible for attestation of system privileges;
- Responsible for monthly alert monitoring;
- Responsible for quarterly alert and audit reviews;
- Responsible for yearly alert and audit reviews;
- Responsible for internal SOX inquiry and request management;
- Responsible for quarterly internal SOX Open Pages documentation and management;
- Responsible for Global Governance configuration management;
- Responsible for Global Configuration Management Database review for audit compliance to all changes to the system;
- Responsible for Governance Alert Management including management of shared email box for audit control purposes;
- Responsible for Governance Access Control Management including password control, VPN and Database access
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all budgets, allocations, accruals and business cases for the department.
- Assisting in the development of a communication plan.
The Manager, Internal Quality and Control will be a management executive with the following expertise and attributes:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Accounting, Auditing and/or SOX compliance
- The ability to develop strong relationships with different business units to define and deliver application needs;
- Good communication and organizational skills, work well on a team, and have the ability to work with all levels of management in offices across the globe;
- Leadership experience with at least 7 years of demonstrated significant accomplishments in the SOX compliance of financial systems;
- Ability to communicate confidently and build meaningful internal and external relationships;
- Possess a global perspective and be comfortable working with executives with diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Posses strong organization skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Proven track record in preparing and effectively delivering presentations.
A baccalaureate degree in Accounting is required.
The candidate should possess a minimum 7 to 10 years overall experience in SOX compliance and Accounting/Auditing ERP systems with specific emphasis in the following:
- SOX experience required;
- Accounting experience required;
- Customer service;
- ERP experience preferred;
- Background in the Cruise Industry will be considered a plus. Benefits as a member of the Carnival Team: A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts. Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs. A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment . Tuition Reimbursement is provided for company related professional career development. An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking. Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock. Paid vacation and sick time. An on-site fully accredited child development center. An on-site Health & Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities. Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...