The effective manager is an integral leader of the department of Quality Analytics who ensures data are strategically used to support quality improvement and safety initiatives while demanding the highest data quality. This position provides teaching and mentorship to team members who conduct manual and electronic data capture, quality data reporting, data quality testing, and external data submissions. The manager also conducts his/her own sophisticated reports and data flows to support quality initiatives at the University of Chicago Medicine.
This position ensures effective collaboration of Quality Analytics with other departments (IS, clinical, or operational) in driving the development of novel, effective, and efficient process designs for data identification and flow.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Healthcare analytics experience
- Experience with healthcare public reporting processes
- EMR experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex metrics of patient care and the drivers of metric performance
- Experience with tools such as WebI, Crystal Reports, CHARTrunner
- Ability to employ and design processes to utilize powerful analytic software (e.g. SQL, MS Access, SAS, SPSS, R) required for analyzing data residing in large relationship databases
- Demonstrated ability of successful project management
- Masters degree, or higher, in healthcare preferred
University of Chicago Medicine - 19 months ago