1st Financial Funding and Investment Corporation is a subsidiary of 1st Financial Bank USA (1FB), specializing in providing funding and risk management to the Bank’s credit card portfolio. The bank, established in 1910, is among the top 30 issuers of VISA and MasterCard credit cards in the US, and has operations in New York and its suburbs, San Francisco and the Midwest. The position will be located in New York (Carnegie Hall area of mid-town) and will require minimal travel.
1FB specializes in the student credit card market segment. We are seeking a Senior Risk Analyst / Assistant Manager / Manager (title depending upon experience) to join our talented NYC risk management group. We offer an extraordinary work environment in a collegial atmosphere and competitive pay for performance in a small team environment.
The individual will be responsible for major projects in all areas of risk management and will be an integral part of the risk team. All projects will require a detail-oriented person with excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in establishing, monitoring, evaluating, developing and implementing strategies for all aspects of risk management.
- Extensive knowledge of 1FB’s customer information database to provide data and analytical support to 1FB’s senior management team.
- Perform analysis of data using statistical analysis tools including SQL, SAS, and Excel, and present results and recommendations to management.
- Track actual portfolio performance and credit risk management strategy results. Identify deviations from forecast/expectations and explain variances. Identify risk and/or opportunities.
- Prepare exhibits and supporting materials and develop recommendations for credit policy, and provides loss forecasts, demographic and credit limit utilization analysis.
- Provide financial analysis and data support to other groups/departments including Finance, Marketing, Funding, Collections, and Corporate Development as needed.
- Perform portfolio management campaign tracking and analysis
- Identify opportunities to leverage statistical solutions to business problems
We are seeking someone with the following background and skills/characteristics:
- Bachelor degree (minimum; Advanced Degree preferred) in a quantitative discipline including Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Business, Finance, Economics, Operations Research or equivalent required
- Three to five years of experience in data-driven, analytical environment; consumer financial services experience helpful but not necessary;
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft applications required including (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Extensive Knowledge of database and statistical analysis software including SQL / SAS / SPSS
- Excellent quantitative and analytic reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with other lines of business
The salary for this position is highly competitive and will be commensurate with experience and prior compensation history. In addition, there is a bonus plan and a comprehensive benefits package.
1st Financial Bank USA - 19 months ago