Manager Sales Operations (Job Number: 015330) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Leads strategic analysis and owns the translation of the business strategy to the sales force strategy with a focus on optimizing sales force effectiveness. Defines and sets parameters for market analysis, customer segmentation, target design, call goal design, promotional ROI, and sales force effectiveness analysis.
Leads implementation and analysis of the business strategy and plans to the sales force in the areas of report design, quota/goal setting, geographical alignments, target allocation, and call plans.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of sales support services such as training, proposal development, sales compensation, goal projection and related analytics and reporting. Directs the systems and processes for delivering effective, efficient sales support for the sales staff.
- Collaborate with sales, business unit, marketing and finance management on the market opportunity and the promotional plan. Manages relate analysis (market sizing, customer segmentation, promotional ROI and etc.) and develops an actionable sales force promotional plan.
- Manages sales force sizing and alignments. Manages the analysis of market opportunity and customer segmentation. Creates and implements sales force targeting and call planning.
- Manage and design the following: market analysis, customer segmentation, product performance, target planning, sales force structure/sizing, sales force effectiveness and promotional ROI.
- Ensures that the sales force has data and technology to maximize their selling efforts. Partners with internal (I.T., finance, and etc.) and external resources (technology and data vendors) in the design, development and maintenance of data, business intelligence and CRM tools.
- Leads the team accountable for business analytics, sales reporting, targeting and call planning, and sales support. Ensure that adequate support tools and optimal resources are available while minimizing costs and achieving levels of service.
- Creates, implements, and monitors infrastructure to enhance and support operation of the sales force. Identifies tools, processes, and technologies to enhance sales force effectiveness and productivity. Collaborates with sales management on account bids, RFP’s, and contract quotations. Develops and communicates best practices.
- Analyzes pull-through activity and sales performance metrics. Evaluates trends, predictive analytics. Ensures that adequate support tools and optimal resources are available while minimizing costs and achieving high levels of service.
- Responsible for appropriate staffing and utilization of resources to include: staff, recommending pay increases, performing performance reviews, training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Collaborates with executives and sales management to ensure timely, appropriate implementation of processes to enhance sales results. Builds and maintains strong business relationships with sales teams, and educate the field sales organization on company initiatives as they pertain to Sales Effectiveness.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of sales operations and/or sales management experience to include RFP and sales tools development, sales pipeline management, sales training, sales performance metrics and/or related analytics and reporting.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- At least 1 year of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with CRM systems.
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...