The Sales Training Manager is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of Sales Skills Training Programs for the Corporate group in the Tax and Accounting Sales Organization. The training is designed and delivered with the specific intent of increasing job capabilities and sales performance. This includes, updating, maintaining and delivering new hire training, as well as addressing the ongoing training needs of the entire sales force based on sales goals and needs. Candidate will act as a facilitator to prepare, coordinate and deliver training programs and partner with sales leadership to deliver "on demand" learning when required. Candidate will assist in the design of training programs, and update ongoing programs, to help achieve corporate objectives and understand and apply adult learning principles.
Other responsibilities include assessing ongoing sales force development needs and recommending training strategies to Sales Operations leadership to meet those needs. Also work in partnership with marketing, product development, product management, and sales management to support initiatives from a training perspective.
- Responsible for training to existing sales representatives and new hires
- Determines appropriate instructional procedures/methods and develops corresponding curriculum and reference guides utilizing the latest training methodology
- Develops effective communication vehicles to ensure training programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by the sales channel and other stakeholders
- Conducts needs analysis studies to determine training needs and delivery methods
- Ensure an accurate and timely process for delivering training workshops
- Continuously work with management to refine training strategy to optimize efficiency and results
- Actively contribute to both overall Sales Operations and Company objectives including our four key focus areas, (Customers, Collaboration, Performance, and Talent)
- Understand how Tax and Accounting products and services products are used in our industry to
- better train, present and position products to meet the customers' needs
- Identifies and finds solutions to potential training problems which may be systemic to the organization
- Actively track sales team progress and monitors the effectiveness of existing training, evaluates projected new curricula and programs to determine overall effectiveness
- Actively work with other departments (besides sales) to effectively coordinate and plan training activities for different groups with the main focus of helping to get “new hires” better aligned with the business objectives
- Will work with the Operations, Finance, and HR teams on various training and on boarding activities
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 3 year's sales training experience. Experience creating training programs preferred
- 5 years successful professional sales experience in a related environment strongly preferred
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, goal oriented, comfortable with a changing environment, possess excellent communication skills, and have the ability to work as a team member required
- Excellent presentation (platform) skills are required
- Must be able to originate a creative and innovative approach to sales training needs
- This position requires the ability to travel within the United States as necessary or required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel - approximately 10-20%
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone for extended periods of time
- Ability to utilize effective selling skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized and efficient
- Open, honest, professional
- Displays confidence and courage in difficult and diverse situations
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Financial information is king and Thomson Reuters Corporation holds the crown. The company is the market leader in financial data (ahead of...