Manager, Security Incident Response
Location: St. Louis, MO Corporate Headquarters
Responsible for the overall handling, communication and escalation of incidents which require highly technical analysis, such as network intrusions and advanced malware infections which have been identified by the incident response team. Reporting will include lessons learned; therefore, significant defensive security knowledge is required. The employee will be expected to review logs & forensic data to put together a timeline for an incident, explaining what happened in detail and at an executive summary level. The employee will also be responsible for the identification, implementation and support of technologies and procedures used to aid in the detection of new threats and mitigation activities.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Influence the security product strategy and roadmaps for various security components within Emerson’s infrastructure and application environment
· Management of a 24x7 Incident Response team
· Administer, support and improve Emerson’s global Incident Response service
· Foster a team environment and a culture of excellence and strong collaborative team environment
· Conduct ongoing coaching and career development with direct reports
· Owns the Incident Response process and partners with other teams to insure its success
· Communicate and Escalate incidents to management and business units in accordance with Emerson’s Incident Response process
· Continuous development, socialization and application of the global information security threat management framework
· Proactively collect, assess, and communicate information security intelligence to reduce the firm's risk exposure and better position the firm to prepare for potential security threats
· Automate detection and response technologies to improve the overall efficiency of the team
· Contribute to the overall service strategy and future roadmap for the service
EDUCATION / LANGUAGE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
· Fluent in English
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
8+ years Experience in Incident Response and Incident Management
4+ years Experience in Forensic Investigations
· Must have expert knowledge of incident response methodology
· Experience in correlating malware infections with attack vectors to determine the extent of security and data compromise
· Must have excellent knowledge and practical experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of enterprise monitoring tools.
· Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment; must be detail oriented and able to multitask to meet deadlines and company objectives
· Must have excellent knowledge in Evidence Acquisition and Analysis
· Experience in large, geographically diverse enterprise networks
· Experience in event analysis and correlation
· Experience in forensics technology, procedures and processes
Responsible for leading a dynamic, global, 7x24 team of incident responders that's tasked with quickly detecting and containing threats to the company.
Emerson - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...