To support our goals in this area, we are seeking a Manager, Server & System Administration for our San Diego office. The Mgr. Server & Systems Administration is responsible for managing the Windows Server Administration and Implementation Teams which is responsible for administering the Intel based servers, architecture, configure and tuning the systems, routine backups, patches and upgrades, daily reviews of log files and server monitoring software. The Server Administrator Manager plans and oversees the development and performance of the operating systems by setting department strategies and policies relating to Windows Server issues and putting proper procedures in place to implement those strategies and policies. Assigns staff to various duties, directs their activities, reviews and prepares performance reports.
Primary responsibilities include:
Required skills, education, and experience:
- Manage the Server Administration and Implementation teams to ensure successful maintenance, administration and project results.
- Collaborate with EOS Management team on System Architecture
- Research, analyze and establish best practices for the Server Administration and Implementation teams
- Performs server administration, configuration, troubleshooting and problem diagnosis for Windows Servers
- Updates policies, procedures, and documentation to adapt to new business/operational requirements. Oversees documentation and knowledge management for the Team. Ensures the appropriate level of documentation to support the operation
- Management of direct reports (reporting to the role)
How To Apply
- Ability to lead and manage a work team
- 7-10 years Server Administration/Implementation experience
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange 2007/2010, SQL 2005/2008, IIS.
- 2-4 years experience in a managerial/ supervisor role required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively document procedures
- Accurate keyboarding proficiency
- Ability to work after business hours (on-call rotation)
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux based server operating systems and applications software and hardware
- Generalized knowledge of Dell and IBM Servers
- Knowledge of PC operating systems and applications software and hardware
- Ability to understand concepts of mainframe to PC connectivity and network communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
If you are looking for a rewarding career in a successful and growing organization, please submit your resume and salary history for consideration to email@example.com and reference job code MGRIT -1113-MC in the subject line. Encore Capital Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Encore Capital Group is a leader in consumer debt buying and recovery. The company purchases portfolios of defaulted consumer receivables from major banks, credit unions, and utility providers and partners with individuals as they repay their obligations and work toward financial recovery. Encore’s success and future growth are driven by its sophisticated and widespread use of analytics, its broad investments in data and behavioral science, the significant cost advantages provided by both its worldwide operations and its enterprise-wide, account-level cost database, and the company’s demonstrated commitment to conducting business ethically and in ways that support its consumers’ financial recovery.
Headquartered in San Diego, Encore is a publicly traded NASDAQ Global Select company (ticker symbol: ECPG) and a component stock of the Russell 2000, the S&P SmallCap 600, and the Wilshire 4500. More information about the company can be found at http://www.encorecapital.com .
Encore Capital Group - 23 months ago
Credit junkies, beware: Encore Capital Group has your number. The firm and its Midland Credit Management subsidiary purchase at a discount...