Job Title: |
Manager, Social Media
Area of Interest:
Marketing and Strategy
Carnival Cruise Lines (“CCL”) is a branded division within Carnival Corporation, a publicly traded company founded in 1972 and headquartered in Miami. Carnival Corporation has over 90,000 employees worldwide operating 100 ships and produces over $15 billion in revenues. At any given time, there are over 270,000 people cruising with Carnival. Carnival Corporation owns a number of different cruise lines and has become the largest corporation in the cruise industry. Carnival’s portfolio of 10 leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain, and P&O Cruises in Australia.
• Creates and leads strategies for social media channels including: message mix, scheduling, and the role of each channel in overall marketing strategies.
• Manages day-to-day maintenance of activity on social channels such as: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
• Social media and community listening on a daily/weekly basis and production of analysis and recommendations on key conversation topics, volume, sentiment and engagement.
• Monitor online conversations and participate to build brand visibility and thought leadership (but not to resolve customer service issues)
• Identify & engage advocates
• Drive Carnival’s industry leading community & social programs by staying abreast of the dynamic social media landscape while maintaining a deep understanding of novel and emerging practices
• Supervise social media staff, vendors and manage project budgets
• Advanced and current knowledge of online marketing trends, analytics, and current events, particularly as they relate to blogs, social networks, and viral marketing.
• Strong analytical skills and proficient writing skills.
• Success in negotiation and escalation techniques.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects.
• Proven experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g., technical and marketing)
• Willing to work flexible hours to assist in achieving efficient coverage monitoring various sites.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
• A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts
• Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs
• A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
• Tuition Reimbursement is provided for company related professional career development
• An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking
• Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock
• Paid vacation and sick time
• An on-site fully accredited child development center
• An on-site Health & Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities
• Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Lines - 2 years ago
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...