Manager, Software Engineering
Software Engineering Manager responsible for driving work plans and providing technical direction to engineers dedicated to designing and developing complex engineering processes or products for our unified storage products. Manages engineers performing multiple and varied engineering tasks and specialties. Participates in long-range planning and is involved in the development of operational goals, as well as engineering specifications. Often plays a proactive role in developing and applying new approaches to engineering design and development. Participates in the modification, development and implementation of company practices and policies that affect subordinate employees. Regularly interacts with senior managers and executives to establish broad based technical direction related to several functional areas, divisions and/or customers. Ideal candidate will enjoy a fast paced, technically challenging environment working as a manager as well as an expert on the core subsystems of our unified file system and data protection services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, manage, and motivate highly experienced development team
- Must have strong project management skills including the ability to create Microsoft project plans
- Develop and provide challenging yet appropriate assignments, evaluates work, communicates progress toward career development and goals
- Provide technical leadership for a team of software engineers
- Can reach appropriate resolution in many varied situations without damaging internal or external relationships
- Creates schedules and work plans and may be accountable for managing a budget
- Provides innovative solutions to complex problems, communicates progress toward project/program goals
- Develops functional processes and operational policies within the area managed.
- Responsible for implementing operational and strategic policies and directives and for sharing information with related groups/projects
- Interface with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs
- Demonstrate a track record of meeting timelines and managing project expectations
- Must understand how to design and implement high quality and high availability software
EMC - 7 months ago
EMC has its head in the cloud. And rightly so for a company that's helping businesses build Web-based computing systems with its data...