As the Manager Software Engineering
your key roles and responsibilities will include:
1. Partnering with internal business stakeholders to fully understand how their vision and strategy for the products within portfolio/domain will create customer value for LexisNexis.
2. Developing technical strategies that support the vision and strategy of business stakeholders. Communicate strategies and vision to staff and execute on said strategies.
3. Participating in the creation of product and portfolio roadmaps in conjunction with the business stakeholders and peer organizations.
4. Working with business stakeholders to establish portfolio and product budgets for current and future years that sync with the technical and business strategy and vision for the portfolio.
5. Ensuring all projects within domain comply with the Global Technology Operations (GTO) technology strategy and governance.
6. Ensuring seamless execution and on schedule/budget delivery of projects and programs within portfolio/domain of responsibility by managing the end-to-end delivery of said projects. Keep Sr. Leadership and business stakeholders informed of progress and escalate issues immediately.
7. Prioritizing demand for resources and manage resource allocation to ensure optimal utilization of direct and vendor staff.
8. Managing all aspects of financial portfolios for products within domain. Ensure that budgets are met and escalate all issues to Sr. Leadership immediately.
9. Performing resource management functions for staff including objective setting, career development, coaching, training, and performance and compensation management.
10. Creating technology training plans that ensure staff has skills required to meet current demands as well as future demands; be aware of technology trends and incorporate into training plans.
11. Partnering with vendors in managing vendor staff. Establish service level agreements that track performance and ensure accountability.
12. Effectively managing functional budgets (e.g. travel, training, etc.) and ensure resources are used effectively and efficiently and that budget targets are met.
13. Suggesting cost efficiencies and improvements in engineering and organizational process by gathering and using data to support and guide continuous growth in product excellence and engineering productivity.
14. Flexibility to absorb special assignments is required.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
1. BS/BA in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
2. Five or more years of proven successful project management, and/or product delivery leadership experience is required.
3. Excellent communication, collaboration and negotiation skills required.
4. Demonstrated success in areas of personal leadership, influence and impact.
5. People management experience in a technology environment preferred.
6. Broad knowledge and experience in Product Development, Project Management Techniques as well as current and future technology trends.
What we are looking for in you:
The ability to partner with internal stakeholders to create product and portfolio strategies that are consistent with the vision for their domain, communicating the strategy to their technical teams and executing on that strategy through delivery of project commitments. This individual is the liaison between the internal business client and other peer technical organizations and is responsible for driving product delivery, financial portfolio management and vendor engagement
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
This position is part of the LexisNexis Legal & Professional
- Quarterly 401K Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Two Paid Volunteer Days
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
Global Technology Organization (GTO)
, which is responsible for the Legal & Professional global technology strategy, bringing together the company’s applications, product platforms and business systems to deliver LexisNexis world-class content to its customers in innovative ways. GTO is working to transform LexisNexis to leverage technology and processes globally, support new products/ services, and improve the customer experience through effective and efficient delivery of business architecture and strategy.
Apr 5, 2013, 6:41:06 PM
LexisNexis - 17 months ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...