Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home decor and books to interactive games, food and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art.DCP is comprised of three business segments including Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store.
DCP Strategy and Business Development is a highly visible department responsible for the identification, analysis, and development of strategic initiatives to drive the long-term profitability and growth of DCP businesses worldwide.
We seek a Manager, Strategy and Business Development to support the development and execution of the growth strategy for DCP. The role requires superior modeling skills as well as strategic and analytical thinking, business development, collaboration, communication and multi-tasking skills. The successful candidate will possess the ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management across DCP and The Walt Disney Company.
- Construct financial/analytical models in support of potential acquisitions, other financial deals, and various strategic opportunities. Summarize and communicate key learnings to senior management
- Drive key global growth initiatives - particularly as it relates to new media platforms, new business creation and geographic expansion
- Identify, define and analyze trends/strategies across major markets in relation to the consumer products industry
- Drive and manage elements of the DCP strategic planning process
- Collaborate and coordinate with other members of the DCP executive team in the execution of strategic projects
- Identify areas of research and perform appropriate qualitative and quantitative analyses; perform primary and secondary research as needed
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects at any one time across DCP
- Manage timelines and implementation schedules
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate outcomes and recommendations
- Manage development of key learning initiatives; develop strategy and vet product concepts
- Participate in variety of senior meetings with professionalism and credibility
- Supervise other team members as necessary
- Post-MBA experience in a strategic planning, investment banking or management consulting role
- Strong, proven analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strong problem solving skills (prioritization, critical thinking, hypothesis creation, etc.)
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and drive execution of concepts
- Market research experience a plus
- Retail, Licensing or Publishing experience a plus
- Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
MBA from a top business school
This position is with Disney Consumer Products.
Disney - 20 months ago