Manager, Supply Chain Analytics (Job Number: 013501) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The Manager, Supply Chain Analytics is responsible for the development and execution of analysis of inventory management and forecasting for one or more assigned categories or business units. Manages a team of Supply Chain Analysts and Senior Supply Chain Analysts. Manages Distribution Center (DC) and Store level replenishment parameters based on analysis recommendations and prevailing business needs for inventory throughout the Walgreen Supply Chain.
- Responsible for the facilitation of the end to end Supply Chain process for key seasons and events. Facilitates cross functional end to end Supply Chain meetings with Supply Chain, Logistics, Merchandising, and Store Operations. Leads and owns the data analysis and development of new analytical tools on KPIs to develop timely and actionable recommendations. Ensures that all action items are tracked and completed. Responsible for the timely and comprehensive communication to appropriate stakeholders.
- Directs analysis on inventory and forecasting KPIs to determine when KPIs are out of acceptable tolerances, to determine root causes, and to identify unfavorable trends requiring attention to ensure that inventory is optimally deployed throughout the end to end supply chain (for example: Store In Stock, Ad and Promo In Stock, Distribution Center Service Levels, Inventory Productivity and Forecast Sell Through).
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing, and communicating performance and exceptions and collaborating with Supply Chain Managers to deliver actionable recommendations to the Supply Chain Business Unit Director. (For example: resets/revisions, seasons, holidays, major promotional events, and new item launches).
- Leads and develops analysis on supply chain metrics and processes to support collaboration by working with Suppliers, Merchandising, Store Operations and Finance. (For example: regular Supplier Collaborations, Joint Business Planning, Go To Market, Seasonal Merchandise planning , and S&OP).
- Responsible for managing the regular analysis, review, and manipulation of Distribution Center and store order parameters used to deploy inventory throughout the Walgreens Supply Chain (for example: Safety Stock, review cycles, stratification of demand patterns across a store, target service levels, seasonal indexing, shelf minimums, purchase orders, multiples, investment buys).
- Responsible for hiring, managing, training, developing and evaluating Supply Chain Analysts and Senior Supply Chain Analysts. Assigns and prioritizes the team’s work. Oversees team to ensure they are appropriately utilizing systems, following standard work processes, completing required tasks accurately and within established deadlines. Monitors progress to goals and supports resolution of issues. Trains and mentors analysts on end to end supply chain components, analytical techniques, and best practices.
- Maintains working knowledge of end to end supply chain components including forecasting, inventory management, promotional planning, basic department management, master data management, item lifecycle and disposition, seasonal planning, DC operations, store ordering and operations, supplier planning and order fulfillment. Utilizes knowledge to support analysis and develop recommendations based on business needs within categories supported.
- Responsible for making recommendations and managing analysis of IT enhancements, and/or the development of new supply chain capabilities (processes, systems, and monitors) based on analysis of opportunities. Responsible for working with IT managers and directors to guide and define requirements, test, and implement new capabilities.
- Responsible for managing the processes related to distribution including, but not limited to, promotional merchandise management, Pending Release, critical care distributions, group sheets, and seasonal product flow.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in supply chain, logistics, or retail OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in supply chain, logistics or retail.
- At least 3 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 3 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 2 years of experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Lean/Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification.
- APICS CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) Certification.
- Experience building queries with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience including facilitating requirements sessions and documenting activity workflows and business requirements.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience with inventory and order management systems.
- Experience with causal forecasting.
- Experience with distribution/supply operations.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...