Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Recruiter for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for the recruiting and hiring of USAA employees within a specific CoSA/business line through leading a team of recruiters (employees and contract labor) in the execution of the hiring demand. Ensures effective working relationships exist with all levels of company management to proactively deliver to staffing requirements. Manages both the non-exempt and exempt staffing of candidates for USAA's hiring needs assigned to business line. Manages the employment, placement, and transfer procedure of team to ensure a quality supply of candidates meet USAA's organizational requirements while adhering to compliance standards/expectations.
- Leads the overall staffing, interviewing and selection or placement process for internal and external employment within assigned business unit. Overseas staffing, screening, placement and transfers of potential and current employees. Ensures full recruiting life-cycle process efficiency, consistency, and quality.
- Leadership responsibilities may include both exempt and non-exempt staffing delivery recruiters, dependent upon assigned business unit and the respective demand.
- Participates with the development and execution of staffing forecasting plan. Partners with Talent Acquisition leadership and PS peer partners to provide consolidated view of enterprise staffing delivery.
- Ensures that team is cost-effective. Cost-effectiveness will include reviewing and ensuring that expenses are approved, tracked and desired results are accomplished.
- Ensures USAA's compliance with federal and state employment regulations and laws by adhering to EEO guidelines in all recruiting activity, such as interviewing, applicant tracking and mandated job postings. Implements staffing processes and ensure adherence to organizational procedures. Measures the effectiveness of staffing initiatives by creating, maintaining and analyzing metrics of staffing activity.
- Collaborates and provides input in the development of recruitment and placement policies, systems, and procedures including strategies and selection techniques. Manages the development, implementation and monitoring of key staffing processes and strategies throughout USAA.
- Manages the daily work activities of internal and external staffing groups. Performs personnel management functions, including team building, project/workload assignment, employee training, monitoring of work activity and performance evaluation.
- Responsible for leading a productive recruiting team. Will regularly review recruiter production measures and metrics with individual recruiters and leadership team. Leadership responsibility for ensuring all team members maintain a high level of production, adhering to quality factors/metrics, and a highly engaged team.
- May be responsible for individual production/delivery, as determined by leadership and business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years equivalent work experience in Talent Acquisition
- 6+ years progressive experience in staffing, recruiting compliance, and strategy development
- Knowledge of employment laws, federal/local regulations
- Demonstrated experience in strategy and workforce planning
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years people management experience
- Experience developing and executing sourcing strategies
- Familiarity with local market talent pools
- Knowledge of workforce planning and forecasting
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Experience with account management/client relationships
- Ability to manage remote employees
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA has a decidedly military bearing. The mutual insurance company serves 8.4 million member customers, primarily military personnel,...