The Technical Development & Training organization led by the Manager of Technical Development & Training provides leadership and resourcing for Williams to effectively build and maintain the skill sets of the Williams organization as well as to help prepare Williams for future growth opportunities. This team serves as the focal point for meeting all technical development and training needs throughout Williams, including technical, environmental, health, safety, compliance, systems, and processes. The Technical Development & Training Manager is accountable for managing the training process to develop training solutions for adult learners, including needs analysis, comprehensive curriculum for adult learners, instructional design, delivery, evaluation and continuous improvement.
Accountabilitie s include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of training professionals, including Technical Developers, Training Specialists, Training Coordinators and Training Analysts.
- Develop, lead and execute the training strategy, vision and associated action plans aligned with the organizational needs, key business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Develop, execute and continuously improve the Williams training process to provide consistent high-quality curriculum, instructional design, coordinated delivery and tracking of the training using the matrix training model.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve the training process to effectively and efficiently meet training needs. The training process includes needs analysis, instructional design and development, delivery, evaluation, reporting and continuous improvement.
- Establish and lead the Training Council (including governance) to ensure the continual implementation of high quality, dynamic learning systems which contribute to individual member, team and organizational success.
- Manage departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges.
- Engage and manage third party consultants to develop or deliver training as the need arises.
- Execute the accountabilities as identified in SIP and WILSOP.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Coach, support and develop a team of training professionals to enhance and develop the skills required to meet the existing and emerging needs of the Williams organization.
- Manage the development and implementation of training solutions to meet Williams’ training needs (including technical, process, environmental, health, safety, regulatory, and compliance training), incorporating adult learner concepts and techniques.
- Develop, implement and participate in the analysis of metrics/measures to monitor the effectiveness and business impact of learning initiatives, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Direct the creation, development and editing of course catalogs, curriculum guides and training materials prepared by the Technical Development & Training team.
- Assess the effectiveness of the training strategy and processes, organization design, competency mix and resource levels.
- Develop and implement plans and proposals to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Manage resources to effectively and efficiently meet Williams’ technical development and training needs.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with Williams leadership/opinion leaders as well as with educational and industry groups to foster partnerships for enhancing the Williams technical development and training program.
- Prepare, monitor and forecast annual department budgets, including planning for future resource needs.
- Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Strategic and Organizational Agility
- Technical (Adult Learning Theory, Instructional Design)
Education, Qualifications, Experience:
Williams Corporation will pay relocation costs for this position.
- Bachelors’ degree (minimum) required with disciplines in Education, Business, Engineering, Environmental, Health, Safety, or other technical discipline from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 10 years minimum experience in an industrial setting training or supervising a high-performing team, preferably in the energy industry with a broad emphasis on natural gas transmission, gathering and processing (onshore & offshore).
- 5 years minimum supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using instructional design, adult learning theory and practice and training techniques preferred.
- Experience in the environmental, health, safety functional areas and/or exposure to other operational areas and/or business-related functions desired.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to build relationships with other company leaders, peers and industry colleagues
- General, broad level of knowledge concerning industry standards and practices as well as legal and regulatory requirements is required.
- Broad general knowledge of Williams’ financial procedures and practices, economic evaluation, organizational strategies and personnel management practices is required.
- General knowledge regarding Williams’ business strategies, financial objectives and commercial goals to allow effective interaction with the Operating Area’s (OA’s) executives and managers for the commercial, business development and operations functions is desire
Williams Companies - 21 months ago
Williams Companies has several parts, but they all add up to the delivery of energy and profits. Williams is primarily engaged in gas...