An independent subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc, National Government Services (NGS) is one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, serving nearly 200,000 providers and suppliers and over 20 million customers with Medicare in 20 states and five U.S. territories.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
The Manager Technology Senior Sensitive is responsible for managing the delivery of information systems and software, networking, server engineering, information security, application development and/or programming activities.
Essential duties to include, but are not limited to:
Oversees information systems function for a site, system, or special initiative including quality assurance/quality control.
Evaluates all directives, change orders, and projects as to their impact on tactical plans, budgets, and contract compliance.
Oversees and implements new subsystems, procedures and techniques.
Management duties include hiring, training, coaching, counseling and evaluating performance of direct reports.
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers . EOE
- Requires BA/BS in related field
- 5 + years in-depth training in Computer Science, Business administration
- 5+ years experience leading project teams and providing direction for professional exempt employees; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Good understanding of business operations.
- Prior leadership or management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel and train staff.
- Effective communication skills, including facilitation, consultation, negotiation and persuasion.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong tactical planning, organizational, analytical and PC skills required.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
- Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
program can be found in My HR.
Similar Job Postings
Manager Technology Seni...
Information Technology ...
Portfolio Manager - 64135
Developer Advisor Sensi...
IT Quality Control Anal...
WellPoint - 17 months ago
WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company is an...