Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a leading San Diego-based Biotechnology Company is seeking a candidate for Manager (or Senior Manager), Clinical Contracts.
Arena offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary, excellent benefits package, including 401(k) and stock options. Email responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job code: 0111250813.
The Manager (or Senior Manager), Clinical Contracts will work closely with the clinical operations team and legal team, primarily responsible for managing the human clinical trial contract process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Solicit and coordinate requests for proposals (RFPs) for potential vendors and present results to project teams;
• Liaise with Arena legal team and CROs in order to prepare, negotiate and complete agreements for vendors and investigational sites;
• Coordinate documentation evidencing that vendor and site insurance requirements are met;
• Responsible for creating site budget templates and provide input to decisions on investigational site budgets;
• Negotiate study budgets with external vendors and clinical sites;
• Organize and track clinical expenses and analyze compared to approved budgets;
• Liaise with Arena Finance/Accounting to ensure timely payment of invoices to vendors;
• Organize and track clinical expenses for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements;
• Coordinate the flow of contracts within clinical operations and ensure timelines are met;
• Create, update and manage Requests For Agreements (RFAs) and purchase requisitions for clinical trials in Arena’s electronic eReq/RFA system and ensure the appropriate clinical operations personnel have access to the current status of all outstanding RFAs;
• Coordinate with Arena Pharmaceuticals GmbH to ensure that RFAs and purchase requisitions for Arena GmbH clinical trials are handled in Arena Pharmaceuticals GmbH’s electronic eReq/RFA system;
• Maintain an overall tracking system accessible by all clinical operations personnel to confirm current status of all outstanding agreements, clinical site progress and expenses;
• Assist Arena legal team with updates to agreement templates;
• Participate as a member of project teams and provide project teams with current vendor information to assist with the decision-making process;
• Keep Arena legal team apprised of timelines for clinical operation activities, and assist with prioritization of contract needs;
• Identification, development and implementation of tools and processes to support clinical operations contract management;
• Effectively manage relationship with vendors;
• Coordinate and track financial incentive payment plans for clinical studies;
• Participate in the development of new processes and systems for compliance with the Sunshine Act, and other reporting requirements, for clinical operations contracts;
• Assist the legal team with non-clinical contract overflow when time permits.
BioSpace.com - 6 months ago
Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Arena) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing...