A'viands/Summit Food & Services Management is seeking a Manager (Cafeteria Manager) at the Farmington School District to assist in planning, directing, organizing, and coordinating the activities of the Food Service Department, as well as to provide outstanding dining options to our contracted client. This role will also be responsible for assuring compliance with standards of practice and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in supervising of food storage, production and service programs.
- Ensures food preparation for optimal nutrition and economic handling of food as well as efficient usage of time.
- Checks food for flavor, temperature, and appearance on a regular basis.
- Confers with Food Service Director or other departments regarding the technical and administrative aspects of dining service. Coordinates food service activities with other disciplines.
- Provides orientation and job specific training to employees.
- Assists in planning, conducting, and overseeing continuous employee training, competencies and reviews.
- Maintains facility specific staffing patterns to include: appropriate levels, replacement procedures, and assignments appropriate to qualifications.
- Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and servicing areas to determine that regulations and directions governing Foodservice activities are followed including compliance with safety and sanitation.
- Plans and/or conducts and retains records of monthly staff meetings, employee training and/or in services.
- Keeps Food Service Director informed of department activities, needs, and problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years experience coordinating food service operations.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others is required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising staff required.
A’viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to hospitals, senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
Aviands Food & Services Management - 4 months ago