The Manager of Engineering position will be responsible for providing Technical and Strategic Leadership to Facilities (Site Services, Pest Control, Security, Cafeteria, Central Storage Inventory), Utilities (Water System, Compressed Air, Chiller Plant, HVAC Systems, Clean / Plant Steam, Electrical), Engineering (Capital, Packaging, Process, Drawing Control), and Contract Manufacturing (New Products and Maintenance of Business of Existing Products) at Bausch + Lomb Tampa.
Specific Job Duties
Bausch + Lomb is one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of eye health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses and other eye surgery products. The company is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple yet powerful: Helping you see better to live better.
- Direct management of Contract Manufacturing Manager, Facilities/Utilities Supervisor, and Professional Engineering Staff including performance management and employee development.
- Leader of the Strategic Team for Innovation and Technology.
- Member of the Tampa Leadership Team (TLT) and Operational Excellence Governance Team.
- Management of $10–15MM Annual Capital Plan.
- Leadership of the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Overall responsibility for ensuring projects are executed on time and on budget (Capital, Contract Manufacturing New Products, and Manufacturing Support Improvement Projects). Major projects are planned for and executed over 2–4 years.
- Responsibility for ensuring implementation of a Facility Reliability Program.
- Ensure compliance with EHS&S requirements.
- Development and Management of a 5 year rolling Strategic Capital Plan.
- Annual Planning, Forecasting and Management of Facilities, Utilities, Contract Manufacturing, and Engineering Department Budgets.
- Review of Contract Manufacturing quotes and contracts.
- Oversight of Packaging Engineering and Approval of Component Specifications.
- Facilitator of the Facility Review Board (FRB) providing bi-monthly audits of the site and generating improvements through the CAPA Quality system.
- Review and approval of User Requirement Specifications (URS), Scope Documents, Drawings, Engineering/Validation Protocols and Final Reports, Policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Kintana Change Requests and Plans, Critical System Work Orders.
- Lead conference calls with internal and global functions to drive alignment for project and business goals.
- Prepare and present monthly reports for Facilities, Engineering, and Contract Manufacturing.
- Management of Space Allocation for the site.
Bausch + Lomb is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in a Technical field. Advanced degree in Engineering or Business function highly desired.
- 9+ years, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or FDA regulated industry experience required.
- 5+ years of management experience leading diverse teams with a proven history of success required.
- Project Management Professional certification highly desired.
- Strong engineering skills in a cGMP environment. Good oral and written communication skills. Project management skills. Time management ability.
- Experience in leading global teams preferred.
- 1 Manager Direct Report
- 9 Senior Professional and Professional Level Direct Reports
- 1 Supervisor Level Direct Report
- 9 Indirect reports (directly reporting to supervisor above)
- Oversight of contracted services: Site Services, Pest Control, Security, Cafeteria
United States-Florida-Tampa Site
Bausch + Lomb - 8 months ago