Manager - Field Service (San Diego/Los Angeles/ Phoenix)
This position is responsible to direct the coordination of technical and administrative support activities including installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and engineering change upgrades. The incumbent will ensure World-Class service is provided to Illumina’s customers by minimizing instrument down time, investigating complaints, and providing scheduled maintenance, upgrades, and training, while ensuring that adequate records and systems are maintained.
- Develop and lead a team of Field Service Engineers: provide strategic guidance, career development, and performance evaluations.
- Hire and train new Field Service Engineers as needed.
- Minimize instrument down time, investigate complaints, and provide scheduled maintenance, upgrades, and training
- Establish best practices and systems to efficiently track instrument status, field activities, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement training programs on instrument systems for Field Service Engineers and other commercial employees.
- Document feedback on product performance and customer satisfaction to facilitate the continuous improvement of company products and services.
- Work cross functionally with Field Applications and Sales managers in your district to achieve commercial goals
- Align with Field Service and Field Applications managers across AMR to align best practices and achieve departmental goals
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable education and experience in Bioengineering, optical engineering, electronics or related field.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- At least 5 years of related industry experience in biotechnology with confocal laser scanners, liquid handling robotics, or related technology.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience developing and delivering customer and employee training programs.
- Experience establishing and managing best practice field service methodologies required to lead a world class service organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage field employees.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...