Manager Programs Projects
Company: New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG)
Department: Electric Capital Delivery
Job Title: Manager – Programs Projects
Reports to: Manager – Electric Capital Delivery
Location: Kirkwood, NY
Cross Company Responsibility: No
Education and Experience/Training:
- Associate’s Degree required in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of program/project management experience in a directly related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with related federal and state regulatory policies and business practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of system design, construction and maintenance practices.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Microsoft Suite.
- Program/project management.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Strong SAP back office skills.
Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Manages various programs and projects on behalf of the Affiliates of Iberdrola USA with objectives of timely and cost effective completion.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Range of responsibilities:
Provides leadership on various programs and projects. Manages capital delivery transmission and substation projects. Management includes development of scope, project design execution and close out.
Prepares, plans and budgets for programs and projects. Manages progress against plans, and take corrective action to offset variances. Reports to management on progress status.
Responsible for meeting corporate objective for capital investment. Manages projects to approved scope, schedule and budget.
Leads cross-functional project teams. Holds regular program/project status meetings.
Is the lead team member with respect to accomplishing day-to-day goals and provides direction and leads decision making. Holds project team members accountable for results.
Provides linkage to management for decision making outside of day-to- day program/project team activities.
Represents the company at public or regulatory meetings.
It is preferred that for this job, the candidate fulfills the requirements in terms of levels indicated below. For details of the competencies and the different levels, refer to the Iberdrola Competency model below.
1. Delivering for the Business:
- Global view of the Business – Advanced
- Achieving Results and continuous improvements – Advanced
- Initiative – Advanced
- Innovation & Creativity – Advanced
2. Global Relationships:
3. Global Leadership:
- Flexibility & Globalization – Competent
- Customer Focus – Competent
- Communicating & Influencing – Competent
- Team Work – Advanced
- Team management – Advanced
- Developing Others – Advanced
Iberdrola USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages men and women, members of all racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. Iberdrola USA obtains a background check and requires drug testing for all applicants who are offered employment in this position. Also Federal drug and/or alcohol testing may be required for this position, per 49 CFR Parts 40, 199 and 382. Federal drug and/or alcohol testing includes: pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post accident, return-to-duty, follow-up, and other.