The NIBR IT Adoption and Awareness (A&A) group is responsible for the development and delivery of training to all NIBR associates on scientific and IT applications. The A&A group works closely with NIBR Communications and NIBR IT to get the right information delivered.
In this role, you will lead Biology or Chemistry focused projects for the Adoption side of the A&A group; including business analysis with the NIBR scientists and IT groups; development of workflow driven modules; implementation and execution of learning delivery method and handover NIBR IT Service Desks and to NIBR IT Information Systems (IS) groups globally.
The ideal candidate will lead and design innovative training methodologies, plan training rollouts with the NIBR IT IS groups, create and deliver new (and improve) Expert training courses and consultancy sessions, develop new e-learning modules that get the scientists up and running on new software rolled out by NIBR IT, as fast and unobtrusively as possible.
This role collaborates with Biology/Chemistry IS teams who develop, update and maintain the scientific applications, NIBR IS teams and team leads, to understand the software’s impact to the business and the NIBR Service Desk which provides first line support for the software. Working independently, but closely integrated with the NIBR scientists and the IS teams.
Designs and delivers programs to train all levels of personnel. Develops tests and visual aids, conducts training classes, and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities. Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques. Develops in-house programs and practices to identify developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present assignments. May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer training programs. May be responsible for development of e-learning programs.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS/MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Lead, design, develop modular based training and organize deployment of training for IS Beta (Biology)or IS Sigma (Chemistry) applications for assigned applications on a global basis.
- Acquire and maintain an overview of all products and services provided by NIBR IT, specifically IS Beta or Sigma and how their applications integrate with other IS applications.
- Key driver for IS teams and scientific communities customer satisfaction in the Biology or Chemistry space.
- Design e-learning curriculums based on workflows and new processes rather than individual applications
- Business Analysis with IS teams and scientists to lead the design of e-learnings for Getting Started programs
- Acquire and maintain in depth knowledge about scientific NIBR IT products in order to be able to deliver / design high quality training and efficient support to our scientists
- Develop role based curriculum for all new software and software upgrades
- Designs supporting training materials and classroom training sessions on a consultative high level expert training level
- Regularly research and evaluate alternative solutions for training delivery, to insure the delivery of the most cost effective and efficient solutions.
- Report back to Application Service Manager & IS groups on software enhancement requests
- Liaise with customer groups to raise visibility and ensure collaboration with appropriate key stakeholders.
Degree in Biology or Chemistry and/or related fields
- Achieve agreed project targets in terms of quality, time and customer satisfaction
- NIBR IT Senior Leadership Team & NIBR IT IS Leads satisfaction, as measured by individual/group feedback
- Ability to recognize recurring incidents, to analyze problems and propose systems changes
- Customer focused
- Understand our scientists, their daily workflows, needs and problems Minimum requirements Minimum Requirements:
5 plus years experience working with scientific software in pharmaceutical, biotech, or life sciences industries.
Minimum 2 years of IT training course development and delivery of technical training classes
Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
Personal effectiveness, Influence, Performance driven, and Global outlook are also required.
Additional experience desired:
Advanced degree in Biology or Chemistry
Experience with commercial Bioinformatics or Cheminformatics software
Experience with LIMS systems
Novartis - 17 months ago
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...