Develop, implement and manage safety and health policies and procedures that will minimize risk and enhance the profitability of Sears Holdings and it subsidiaries. Provide support to the business partners, field management, and facilities on safety related matters. Evaluate and analyze the company's safety and health performance. Provide coaching and training to field staff and unit managers related to accident prevention, reduction of costs related to accidents, OSHA compliance and safety awareness.
Certified Safety Professional.
- Develop, implement processes to support accident prevention and insurance cost reduction
- Review core safety metrics and safety performance trends that increase risk to Sears Holdings and develop tactics to improve casualty liability claims
- Implement safety systems and training programs that continuously improve safety compliance, risk reduction initiatives and field staff safety competencies.
- Identify and communicate policy and process change requirements that address exposure to risk and compliance to regulatory standards;
- Stay current with OSHA regulations and their impact on Sears Holdings’ operations.
- Serve as safety contact/liaison for field staff and key cross-functional business partners;
- Manage safety-related projects and strategic safety initiatives;
- Audit compliance to company safety & health policies and safety regulations;
- Assist field operations in management of safety-related budgets (capital and expense) to plan.
- Associate Safety Professional.
- Experience in implementing a variety of occupational health and safety programs.
- Ability to conduct investigations and evaluations and evaluating cost and risk factors.
- Ability to interpret and apply a variety of laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to make presentations before a variety of groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- BS or BA degree in Safety Science, Industrial Health, Risk Management, Engineering or Business Related degrees
- Knowledge of OSHA Regulations. Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and prioritization skills as multiple projects and tasks are normal.
- Accident investigation and analysis skills.
- Ability to evaluate safety and health programs and operational processes from a statistical and financial perspective. Competency with computer programs. Ability to communicate, and negotiate effectively with all levels of associates.
- Five to seven years retail safety experience.
Sears - 2 years ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...