The Financial Reporting Manager will demonstrate thought leadership in development of a world-class financial reporting function.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Act as technical accounting resource for the worldwide company. Responsible for technical interpretation and implementation of all accounting and reporting guidance promulgated by the various accounting authorities and the SEC, including presentation to management and coordination with external auditors. Responsible for the technical analysis of the effects of implementation of all newly issued guidance, including comparative analysis of implementation impact.
- Manage annual and quarterly SEC filings and the Company’s response to SEC communications, including comment letters on the Company’s filings.
- Ensure financial statements are consistent with U.S. GAAP and SEC rules, including newly issued and emerging pronouncements.
- Ensure all deliverables are met within tight timelines, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Manage financial contributions to press releases and process, including coordination with investor relations and legal groups.
- Member of Disclosure Committee responsible for the implementation of disclosure and reporting controls and requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Significant team member on the Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 Program and Improvement Team.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and communication of the Company’s financial accounting policies on a worldwide basis.
- Manage ongoing internal relationships required to accurately meet regular reporting requirements.
- Prepare and present periodic technical updates for accounting and finance teams.
- Manage WebFilings process for all annual and quarterly filings.
- Primary liaison to the external auditors for financial reporting and technical issue resolution.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA required
8+ years of relevant experience with a national firm auditing public companies or similar public company experience, or a combination thereof
Experience with SOX 404 compliance and knowledge of best practices in internal controls
Public Accounting background required
Experience in biotechnology, diagnostic or manufacturing company, a plus
Sequenom - 18 months ago