The Manager position is primarily made up of three core responsibilities: People, Sales & Profits.
- Recruits, trains and develops the best Front-of-the-House (FOH) Team Members.
- Ensures Team Members are treated with dignity and respect.
- Sets clear performance expectations through directions and goals; actively listens to Team Members to determine needs and concerns and quickly responds.
- Provides clear feedback through effective praise, coaching and counseling.
- Resolves Team Member conflicts constructively and professionally.
- Acknowledges and celebrates team and individual successes.
- Works with Team Leads and Certified Trainers to ensure standards are followed.
- Consistently follows TMG hiring procedures and practices.
- Ensures current training materials and programs are consistently utilized in Team Member Training.
- Follows Progressive Discipline Guidelines to ensure that all Team Members are disciplined and warned consistently.
- Conducts timely Performance Appraisals and fairly administers salary changes.
- Posts FOH schedules on time and fairly handles schedule requests that balance the Team Member and Company’s needs.
- Analyzes current and future staffing needs for appropriate planning.
- Scrupulously follows all labor laws and manages for equal opportunity.
- Establishes excellent guest service and satisfaction as a priority through personal example and follow-through.
- Always looks for opportunities to create a CHARGE (Creating Hospitality Around Remarkable Guest Experiences) experience for the guests.
- Personally visits with guests.
- Maintains high visibility in the dining room.
- Handles guest complaints with a sense of urgency, poise and good judgment.
- Ensures the proper steps are followed in the sequence of service.
- Adheres to the TMG standard of 3-table stations.
- Ensures that all food is prepared according to recipe and served at the proper temperature and presentation.
- Orders effectively to ensure the proper amount of quality product is available. Reduces unnecessary costs by buying product that is not contracted.
- Maintains TMG and Health Department standards at all times.
- Conducts quality line checks at regularly scheduled intervals.
- Organizes, trains and manages to ensure that proper food handling and cleaning procedures are utilized.
- Maintains 100% compliance with alcohol awareness.
- Adheres to all Standards of Operational Excellence on a daily basis which includes: line checks, ticket times, labor tracking, grind sheet, etc.
- Maintains appropriate FOH staffing levels for each shift.
- Is actively involved in the community.
- Seeks out opportunities to build the business and responds accordingly.
- Supports and effectively implements company marketing plans.
- Knows company goals for same store sales growth and PACE.
Professionalism and Style Expectations:
The following is expected of every Team Member and Manager at Ted’s Montana Grill:
- Proactively manages and monitors costs (food, labor, beverage, PACE, etc.) within budget while quality and service standards are maintained.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of labor cost control through effective scheduling and proactive management.
- Follows inventory procedures and utilizes AIC Inventory Control to consistently conduct and report an accurate inventory.
- Effectively identifies financial trends and operational problems by utilizing the P&L and other reports.
- Utilizes the back office computer system, TMX & Aloha efficiently and effectively.
- Controls financial assets and maintains records.
- Opening and closing administrative duties are executed consistently and accurately.
- Processes invoices in a timely manner.
- Meticulously follows cash handling policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
Special Skills or knowledge necessary for this position:
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally and with care in a timely manner.
- Adjusts to high pressure situations and is open to change.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Conducts themselves (acts & dresses) professionally at all times while setting the standard for all Team Members.
- Understands and communicates the TMG Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Works to resolve disagreements; is respectful of peers and co-workers.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Daily physical requirements and/or number of pounds that may need to be lifted on the job:
- Strong restaurant operations background.
- Strong Training background.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written.
- Strong proof-reading skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the corporation.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of uncertainty or crisis.
- Stands during the entire shift.
- Reaches, bends, squats, stoops, shakes, pours, carries, pushes and lifts.
- Lifts and carries tubs, trays, and cases weighing up to 100 pounds up to 20 times per shift.
- Frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity and extreme cold.
Ted's Montana Grill, Inc. - 13 months ago
Ted's is an eco-friendly restaurant, founded in 2002 by media mogul and environmentalist Ted Turner and restaurateur George McKerrow Jr. And...