Manages a sub unit within a department. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures. Represents the sub unit to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
- Manages SwiftPrint Division within the Printing Center of the General Services department.
- Manages production through the copying division of HSC Printing Center and coordinates with the manager of the printing division to ensure all work is high quality and delivered when promised.
- Represents CopyMail@SUB to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters.
- Responsible for all CopyMail@SUB printing and postage operations and TTUHSC production and convenience copiers.
- Supervises SwiftPrint production and customer service staff.
- Assumes leadership role to aid supervisor in team building and guidance for fellow employees.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates performance of assigned staff; establishes priorities and schedules and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel.
- Invoices and updates database for production records.
- Prepares data for entry into IV uploads in Gateway and clear errors.
- Maintains proper logs, reports, backup documentation, and departmental documents.
- Develops and implements of policies and procedures, which may be utilized within the department and/or at the institutional level.
- Checks inventory on supplies and order needed supplies.
- Helps customers as needed, including rate shopping for postage and other carriers.
- Assists customers in completing customs, postal, and other forms.
- Checks for adherence to mailing standards.
- Responsible for selling postage, supplies, copies, etc.
- Supervises convenience copiers to ensure customer needs are met, PO’s and invoices are processed, and departments are charged accurately.
- Supervises all maintenance and repairs to equipment as per manufactures maintenance specifications; adjust and make minor repairs.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with two years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal six years.
- Prior retail and customer service experience.
- Digital printing experience using a variety of different copiers.
- Knowledge of filing and general office procedures, state and institutional regulations and policies.
- Excellent computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Proven track record of excellent customer service and record keeping skills.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Cover Letter required.
- Microsoft Excel skills will be tested.
- Employee should demonstrate good math skills, basic computer knowledge, mechanical, electrical, and electronics aptitude, and knowledge of printing and binding equipment in a production environment.
- Common sense and the ability to manage a diverse, fast-paced and deadline oriented workload are essential.
- Ability to plan and allocate the workload of employees, providing training and supervision as needed.
- Multitasking ability and attention to detail are essential.
Hourly Pay Range
13.94 - 17.55
Monthly Pay Range
2416.67 - 3666.67
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard