Assists the Store Manager with all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store, including sales, customer service, recruiting, training, profits, and maintaining store standards. In the absence of the Store Manager, supervises and manages all store personnel, including implementing and enforcing company policies and procedures and corporate directives. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+.
Two plus years related luxury or specialty retail management experience.
Effective verbal and written communication skills including professional email
Strong organizational skills; ability to multitask and prioritize
Strong problem solving and decision making skills
High level of initiative/self starter
Strong leadership ability
Strong time management skills
Ability to accurately and efficiently operate cash register while following
cash handling procedures
Previous visual merchandising experience preferred
Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive
Standing required for entire work shift
Operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phone, fax and copier)
Must work weekend and night shifts
Climb ladders as needed
Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
Occasional travel, often with little advance notice may be required (including
air and overnight travel)
For Internal Candidates:
The employee has completed at least 90 days of employment.
This is not a high 'shrink' store
The employee has not received an Action Plan in the last 90 days.
The employee has completed all required training for this promotion.
1. Assists the Store Manager with leading the store team and serves as the expert on company culture, store operations, policies & procedures, management and exceptional sales and service skills. Trains and motivates associates to achieve maximum sales productivity and ensures that sales plans are achieved
2. Responsible for assisting with recruiting staff to meet the availability needs of the business and retains talent that will contribute to the growth of the retail business/division.
3. Manages controllable expenses to company guidelines and ensures overall profitability targets are met or exceeded.
4. Ensures Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed. Assist with financial/sales audits and inventories to protect the store from internal and external shortage.
5. Assists with managing payroll and store scheduling within established guidelines to ensure proper coverage based on business needs.
6. Supports and executes directives from Visual Merchandising, Operations and Marketing to ensure that information is properly communicated to the store team and that all deliverables are completed within specified deadlines.
7. Communicates with Store Manager regarding all employee relations, day to day operations and any compliance related matters and to set goals for personal skills development.
VF Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion sense of...