1. Responsible for development of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for ECPE to include the following activities:
a. Brand Management
c. Collateral Development
d. Direct Mail, Email, and Website Content
e. Market Research
f. Business Analytics
2. Reports to Senior Manager for Strategic Markets and New Programs and leadership team to design and implement comprehensive marketing and communications strategies for open enrollment programs for government, corporate, and nonprofit officials in multiple markets, including North America, Europe, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Southeast Asia.
3. Writes and edits content, oversees production of publications, including ECPE annual report, magazine articles, newsletters, and advertisements.
4. Strategically identifies, plans, and applies traditional and emergent media channels to support outreach effort for open enrollment programs. Leads the development of strategies to use new media for effective communications, including social networking, webinars, podcasting, videos.
5. Responsible for all business analytics on performance of outreach activities.
6. Responsible for direct mail, email and other outreach campaigns.
7. Researches new market opportunities, designs and implements outreach plans for new programs, and guides outreach and recruitment for portfolios of programs where appropriate.
8. Responsible for the quality of all marketing and outreach content, including collateral and electronic content. Ensures the quality of all outreach activities in the department.
9. Oversees development and enforcement of quality and standards protocols; ensures compliance with standard use guidelines for HSPH and Harvard University brands.
10. Works with all staff members tasked with representing HSPH Executive and Continuing Professional Education externally to ensure that the presentation of brand and programs represent Harvard University standards.
11. As the manager of the marketing team, participates in performance management processes. Evaluates staff performance and makes all personnel decisions pertaining to hiring, termination and promotion, following University and HSPH policies and procedures.
12. Identifies and implements cost savings and best practices while expanding the productivity and efficiency of the outreach effort.
13. Responsible for internal and external HSPH ECPE communications.
14. Identifies and manages vendor and consultant support as needed for approved projects and outsourced activities.
15. Oversees and manages direct mail and other marketing operations.
16. Responsible for managing a two person staff, with additional temp support from time to time.
Other activities upon request, with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree, preference for Masters degree
- 5-7 years related work experience, 3+ years supervisory experience
- Experience in designing, implementing and measuring marketing and recruitment activities in a variety of channels
- Experience with executing direct mail campaigns
- Team player
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Able to work with multiple groups and deadlines
Strong proofreading and analytic skills
- Experience with Harvard or other university settings desirable
Proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media required
- Competencies include composure, integrity, time management, drive for results, planning, organizational agility, motivating others, dealing with ambiguity, and comfort around higher management
Preference for Masters degree
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program:
Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join HSPH to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Harvard University - 5 months ago