Manager of Nurse Triage Line
Job ID: : 25899
Department: : CareLine
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Business Hours
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, patients and the community helped us to earn a place on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s List of the Twin Cities Great Places to Work. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
HealthPartners has an exciting career opportunity for a Manager of our Nurse Triage department, the Careline. This position will provide leadership and management for the CareLine Nurse Triage Service program. We are looking for someone who has passion for developing innovative, efficient and cost effective programs, services, and operations which deliver personalized and quality care to HealthPartners members and customers. It's a great time to join HealthPartners and be a part of our growing organization.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
2. Staff Management
- Manages continuous delivery of 24/7 CareLine Nurse Triage services as required; implement response which will strive to ensure continuous service delivery for HealthPartners patients, while providing service coordination for other HealthPartners departments.
- Ensures the quality of CareLine nurse telephone triage service delivery across the entire HealthPartners care delivery network. Manages information requirements, referral preferences, and utilization.
- Monitors CareLine Nurse Triage ER utilization by ensuring appropriate referral to other resources (urgent care, next day clinic appt, treatment at home). Develops systems to provide CareLine nurses with options for triage and referral by working with HPMG clinic staff as well as other clinic administrators and medical directors.
- Represents the CareLine Department in clinic operations and companywide settings to ensure that these services are coordinated with strategic plans of the enterprise.
- Administers the answering service program for the HPMG and clinics. Assures timely access to accurate information for callers.
3. System Management
- Recruits, develops and trains the department management/supervisory team.
- Holds self and employees accountable for meeting high standards of service toward all customers.
- Develops a good understanding of both the Local 12 and Local 113 contract. Works collaboratively and effectively with union leadership and staff in support of the contract agreement and operational needs of the department.
4. Quality Assurance and Compliance
- Provides leadership and expertise for staff and others with CareLine automated systems. These systems include, EpicCare, HCSS, CarePartner and other online resources. Works with others within HealthPartners to represent the needs of department staff with these systems.
- Develops a strong understanding of the department telecommunications systems which the CareLine employees utilize. Collaborates with others within the department and organization to optimize the use of these systems.
- Participates in the development of data collection systems required to carryout department operations and reporting requirements.
5. Department leadership
- Establishes and monitors specific service, quality and financial goals for the department within the parameters established by the corporation; identifies opportunities for improvement and develops action plans with department leadership and others.
- Assesses customer satisfaction with CareLine services; institutes process changes as appropriate to ensure continuous improvement.
- Manages the ongoing review and revision of HealthPartners Consulting Nurse Guidelines for telephone triage. Consult with medical staff leadership for review, development and changes.
- Develops, updates department specific policies and procedure to ensure with company wide policies and procedures, labor relations contracts, and regulatory agencies.
6. Financial responsibilities:
- Develops and implements department annual plans and initiatives.
- Ensures the creation of a healthy work environment which fosters and meets the values, vision, and mission of HealthPartners.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the entire CallCenter leadership team. Encourages collaboration and teamwork between CareLine, RideCare and Appointment Center staff.
- Supports HealthPartners leadership in all divisions with new product and program development.
7. Other duties as assigned
- Oversees the development of the annual operational and capital department budgets in cooperation with the department leadership team. Monitors monthly financial reports.
- Reviews and manages opportunities for shifts in CareLine operations from a “cost center” to a “revenue center”.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current RN licensure in Minnesota
- Current RN licensure in Wisconsin within two months of hire
- 8 years of healthcare experience including 5 years leadership/management experience in a healthcare/clinical setting
- Experience in planning and financial management
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management, team building and delegation skills
- Demonstrated change management skills
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate staff
- Ability to manage resources and staff with budget requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products and triage systems.
- Ability to understand, implement and monitor care improvement, patient service and access data and processes
- Ability to be flexible and available beyond normal business hours
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.com/careers, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID # 25899.
- Experience with phone triage nurse services
- Masters Degree in a health related field
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...