Reports to: Senior Vice President of Development
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations will be responsible for collaborating with the Senior VP of Development and BBBS team in driving the agency’s strategic growth through the cultivation, recruitment, stewardship and growth of a multi-million dollar Program Portfolio growing from 50 to 100 programs in three years. This portfolio requires work with numerous Private Foundations, Corporate Partners and Government grants that are critical to formation and maintenance of programs for BBBS overall goal achievement. Focus is with mission aligned resource and mentor-rich corporations, private foundations, government entities, cause-marketing partners, universities, school districts, and other organizations that can provide sustained financial and volunteer resources. In collaboration with other functional areas and under the direction of the Senior VP of Development, the Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations will focus on strengthening agency relevance in critical at risk, diverse communities throughout the BBBS of Metropolitan Chicago service area through successful program development. The position requires a very strong skill set in teamwork, leadership, communication and business development of new opportunities. It will require a flexible schedule focused on external relationship building, marketplace knowledge, require working some select evenings and weekends and spending about 30-40% of time out of the office.
• Work with Senior VP of Development to manage multi-million dollar portfolio of Private Foundations and Corporate Partners. This includes assisting with planning, solicitations, site visits, agency tours, cultivation, evaluation, reporting, and new lead generation.
• Identify, cultivate and negotiate long-term and sustaining program related relationships with mentor and youth rich organizations, collaborators and other third parties through effective data gathering, research, planning, outreach and stewardship.
• Identify, cultivate, negotiate and execute long-term, sustaining cause-marketing relationships with corporations and other organizations through effective data gathering, research, planning, outreach and stewardship.
• Communicate with and send leads within development team and to Special Events team and Major Gifts staff when/where appropriate.
• Work with program teams and intake staff on coordinating lunch & learns for prospective and new corporate and college/university partners.
• Utilize Agency tools, strategic plan and demographic models to adjust efforts to appropriately coordinate partnerships with programs.
• Track and evaluate results of recruitment and outreach efforts and provide timely progress reports.
• Coordinate drafting of proposals, reports and other correspondence with funding and program partners and other organizations, ensuring appropriate timeliness and attention to detail.
• Adhere to Agency beliefs, values and standards of practice in all job-related activities.
• Participate in Agency events as needed.
• Work with external grant writer, intern and other staff assigned to Development Team
• Work with external grant writer on managing existing grants and identifying new grant opportunities.
• Provide QC on grant tracking spreadsheet to ensure deadlines are met for applications, LOIs, and any reporting requirements and to flag any change in deadlines and update tracking sheet when appropriate.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Non-profit Management, Business or related field.
• High degree of professionalism in all aspects of personal conduct and work style.
• Committed to BBBS Shared Values and Mission
• Minimum 2 to 3 years of demonstrated success in sales and business development oriented partnership development, non-profit community outreach and program management, volunteer recruitment, and sales process.
• Experience working in corporate and or foundation environment.
• Experience in budget development, cost modeling, contract development and project management.
• Excellent public speaking, presentation and writing skills with proven results.
• Strong interpersonal skills; builds appropriate rapport; effective listener; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; truly values people; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Ability to work with diverse populations and geographic areas.
• Strong Result orientation – Can be counted on to develop and exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results, always keeping in mind ROI.
• Experience in youth development programs preferred.
• Ability to successfully work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Must have reliable transportation and have working knowledge of Chicagoland communities.
• Good computer skills with experience with Microsoft applications, Raisers Edge, internet research and BBBS operating system - AIM.
• Have a strong sense of urgency and reply to external partners in a timely fashion.
NPO.net - 10 months ago