Sabre is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Our innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, Sabre is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work in a company that at number 26 is the top ranked company in the Dallas Fort Worth area on the InformationWeek Top 500 Leading U.S. Users of Business Technology. Here at Sabre we develop world class technology solutions for the travel industry that have databases at their core.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of leadership and influence as this individual will be driving the Data Services support for the company’s web, online, and batch systems which deliver business solutions. Candidate must have demonstrated not only an ability to lead and motivate a team of direct reports, but also the ability to drive change across a broader organization through influence. Candidate is responsible for team mentoring, training, forecasting and goal setting for the staff.
An overall understanding of database operations, data warehousing, and business intelligence is required. Candidate should have a mastery of a wide range of data architectures for 24/7 transactional and batch systems. Experience with Cognos, Oracle and Teradata is a plus.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of data warehouse and business intelligence operations and system administrative personnel located in various offices around the globe.
- Identify and prioritize business process improvements. Develop and implement new business processes to deliver reductions in cost and/or improvements in service to supporters.
- Design, develop, document, and maintain processes for identifying and resolving data errors and tracking these to resolution.
- Monitor Service Level agreements with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Respond and resolve operational or data errors reported by internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Develop, promote and enforce internal policies. Ensure that all use of supporter data is compliant with internal policies and Data Protection legislation.
- Create and enforce policies and standards.
- Resolve complex problems that have implications beyond your own functional domain.
- Ensure adherence to database security, database design, and software engineering concepts.
- Willing to work non-standard business hours as required.
- Manage technical relationships with vendors and customers.
- Ensure that critical operational processes are adequately resourced at all times.
- Ensure that business continuity measures can support the operation of the data integration products, data distribution channels and database in a range of scenarios.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science Degree; preferable in Computer Science
- 5+ years of leading high performance team.
- 8+ years of database operations experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Data Acquisition from heterogeneous sources ( B2B B2C ).
- Experience with Data Integration and Delivery using industry standard ETL tools, process and technology.
- Experience with Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence technologies and processes.
- IT Service Delivery experience using ITIL v3 or Six Sigma process.
- Strong database operations experience.
THE SABRE HOLDINGS PORTFOLIO OF COMPANIES includes Travelocity, Sabre Travel Network, Sabre Airline Solutions and Sabre Hospitality Solutions. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, Sabre Holdings has approximately 10,000 employees in 60 countries. Our people take initiative, are resourceful and innovative, and are passionate about what they do. In return for their hard work and dedication, Sabre Holdings provides our employees with countless learning and growth opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a fun, yet productive, work environment.
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre!
Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is used by more...