Provides culinary leadership and direction for all food production areas at the hospital. Demonstrates unrivaled commitment to exceptional food quality. Oversees menu planning for patient, café, and catering. Forecasts production needs and prepares purchasing orders accordingly. Controls inventory and monitors storage and receiving. Develops relationships with patients, employees, and visitors and anticipates needs and expectations. Maintains focus for detail, elicits customer feedback and formulates actions to ensure customer satisfaction. Coaches, mentors and motivates staff to achieve outstanding results. Promotes the philosophy, programs, and initiatives of GlobalRehab Hospital at Scottsdale Healthcare. Ensures compliance with all policies, rules and regulatory bodies.
1. Supervises the personnel assigned to the department. Plans, establishes, and revises work assignments. Interviews, selects, and recommends hiring of personnel. Evaluates staff performance. Initiates recommendations for changes in classification, salary action, promotion, demotion, transfer and termination. Works collaboratively with Human Resources to settle employee problems and administer appropriate disciplinary action.
2. Plans, establishes, and assists in the planning of and revisions of production schedules to meet business needs and standards. Assists in the planning of patient, café, and catering menus; develops service standards/protocols. Responsible for the team’s adherence to established rules and regulations, standards, use of recipes, food presentation guidelines, garnishing techniques and financial cost control measures.
3. Assists in the preparation of operational budgets and submits for approval. Monitors financial performance to ensure achievement of financial goals of organization.
4. Forecasts production needs and prepares purchases orders. Monitors receiving and storage; ensures compliance with storage protocols, and inventory control guidelines.
5. Inspects all areas for compliance with Maricopa County Health Department Food Code. Maintains production and service areas sanitation standards.
6. Monitors quality and service reports. Evaluates Food quality and temperatures.
Prepares action plan to correct variances. Ensures that all food is handled according to HACCP guidelines. Monitors HACCP Reports. Prepares action plan with food production team to correct variances; ensures resolution of negative variances.
7. Maintains catering standards to include menus, costing, pricing, presentation, and service. Schedules and prepares menus for special events.
8. Adheres to all GlobalRehab at Scottsdale Healthcare’s Human Resources policies and procedures.
9. Performs all duties as assigned or requested.
Associate Degree in Culinary Arts and a Certified Sanitarian. 3 years related culinary; kitchen supervision experience. Progressive non-commercial food service or B&I experience and a Food Handlers Card. Skills: ability to give direction, ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously, communication, compile spreadsheets, compile statistics, conduct meetings, flexibility, good verbal skills, good writing skills, input data into computer programs, interviewing, manage budgets, manage personnel, organize display of merchandise, scheduling, team player/building, knowledge of regulations. English fluency.
Global Rehab Hospitals - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard