This position is responsible for managing, maintaining and continuously improving the Ghirardelli Ecommerce and Business To Business / Business Gifts initiatives and will have full P&L responsibility for operations, sales and marking activities related to this business unit.
Scope of Responsibilities
Business Intelligence and Performance Analytics:
Tracking and Analysis:
- Set strategy for the growth, vision and overall health of the Ghirardelli Ecommerce and Business Gifts channels.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Restaurant and Retail Operations and direct reports to develop the P&L for all Ecommerce and B2B related operations, marketing and sales.
- Partner with Retail Finance Manager to monitor results and accounting compliance and to deliver upon all metrics set within the P&L/budgets, ensure maximum cost efficiencies and balanced spending are consistently achieved; track and ensure accurate budget forecasting, program ROI and benchmark identification.
- In conjunction with E-commerce channel manager identify and recommend new opportunities to drive sales, visibility and efficiencies for the growth of Ecommerce business channel, including site functionality and design, and 3rd party/vendor effectiveness.
- In conjunction with Sales and Customer service manager identify and recommend new opportunities to drive Business to Business and Business Gift sales through a combination of online, telephone, catalog and in-person marketing efforts.
- Work to ensure that Fulfillment and gift building operations are optimized and supervise in-house co-packing and fulfillment resources. Make recommendations to improve the fulfillment and gift building operations, including options for leveraging external resources, and plan for adequate capacity to meet growth targets.
- Evaluate KPI’s of E-commerce business channel with respective teams to monitor trend, performance and identify any areas of opportunity. This includes but is not limited to sales, profits, website analytics, program effectiveness and overall efficiencies.
- Make ongoing recommendations to improve processes, workflow and find efficiencies in all sales, marketing and operations functions within the E-commerce and Business Gift channels.
Staff Management and Development / Business & Process Improvement:
- Develop timely analysis of Ghirardelli sales performance, highlighting key placement performance and provide insightful learning’s, implications and recommendations to help guide managements business decisions.
- Work with Product Development and Marketing to select and forecast appropriate product assortment for online audience, identifying strengths and/or opportunities as they arise.
- Conduct research of Ghirardelli competition including but not limited to website content and features, online and offline marketing programs.
Websites & Technical:
- Train, manage and develop the Ecommerce Channel Manager, Sales & Customer Service Manager and Operations and Fulfillment Assistant Manager and provide support for their responsibilities and initiatives, evaluation of strategy and effectiveness of programs, and communication of policies and procedures.
- Monitor effectiveness of all online marketing initiatives driven by Ecommerce Channel Manager, and analyze initiatives together to incorporate learning’s into all future initiatives and programs.
- Monitor effectiveness of all Business to Business related sales activities including trade shows, catalogs and direct contact initiatives and to incorporate learning’s into all future initiatives and programs.
- Monitor effectiveness of all fulfillment and gift packing activities and coach Fulfillment Assistant Manager on recommended improvements.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Supervise and approve all technical and design related site upgrades for Ghirardelli’s website and supporting platforms.
- Partner with Retail Marketing to maintain brand appropriate quality, design and functionality of the Ghirardelli Ecommerce website
- Partner closely with Marketing Division Digital Brand Manager to maintain overall brand standards within the website and coordinate shared retail and brand marketing objectives.
Education and Work Experience
- Strategic vision paired with tactical attitude and ability
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Extensive knowledge of current interactive technologies and best practices
- Practical experience with various web metrics programs, Adobe/Omniture strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work individually or lead a team project
- Budgeting skills
- College degree (BA or BS); background in Marketing, Finance, Business, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing an e-commerce or direct sales business with full P&L responsibility
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company - 15 months ago
The Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is a manufacturer and marketer of premium chocolate products. Incorporated in 1852, Ghirardelli has an...