Manage the preparation of the company’s SEC filings and assist in the analysis of complex transactions and newly issued accounting guidance
Bachelors’ degree in accounting or related field or equivalent in training and experience, and seven to ten years of experience demonstrating a working knowledge of accounting and reporting principles. Public accounting experience and CPA preferred.
- Manage the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings such as Forms 10-Q and10-K, including the completion of prime financial statements, footnotes, management discussion and analysis, and external auditor compliance checklists.
- Utilize financial reporting software to create, maintain and update reporting templates and data queries.
- Manage staff with a focus on development and skill-building, assess performance and provide feedback in a timely manner and assist in pay and incentive decision-making
- Provide technical reporting and accounting assistance in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) Regulations S-X and S-K.
- Maintain financial reporting skills by actively participating in continuing education and utilization of online tools
- Coordinate audit process
- Provide support on special projects and complex technical accounting issues.
- Assist with the integration of new business acquisitions and divestitures, etc. Qualifications
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and SEC reporting rules and regulations; SEC financial reporting experience a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, and computer savvy with respect to general ledger and reporting software such as JD Edwards, SAP, BPC, HFM, etc..
- Robust writing and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible interpersonal style.
- Solid attention to details, with the capability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytic abilities.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision to complete required tasks.
Contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org