EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a Manager of Financial Reporting to join our world-class Finance organization. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Manager of Financial Reporting will be responsible for ensuring that EnerNOC’s external SEC reporting is prepared accurately, timely and in compliance with all relevant rules and regulations. This individual will also be responsible for driving towards best practices in financial reporting compliance and transparency and for providing technical accounting advice on emerging accounting, reporting and business issues as they arise within the Company. In addition, the Manager of Financial Reporting will be responsible for managing the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 compliance program.
• Manage the external financial reporting process, prepare the external SEC financial statements and related disclosures on a quarterly and annual basis, as well as, assist in the preparation and oversight of the Company’s earnings releases.
• Proactively research technical accounting and reporting matters and stay abreast of pending changes in relevant technical guidance and analyze the potential impact on the Company and conduct periodic training sessions.
• Assist with writing, implementing and maintaining corporate accounting policies and procedures.
• Ensure consistent and accurate implementation of accounting policies, particularly for complex US GAAP matters.
• Participate in both formal and informal business unit operating reviews to ensure financial statement disclosures are complete and accurate.
• Manage and coordinate, both internally and externally, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 compliance process for the Company which includes compliance over the consolidation and financial reporting processes.
• Participate in special projects, including acquisitions, divestitures, and reorganizations and other projects as assigned.
• Manage and ensure proper accounting for all share-based payments, including oversight and control of share-based payment management system and interactions with transfer agent.
• Identify specific projects and system enhancements designed to improve processing efficiency or corporate internal and external reporting practices.
• CPA ("Big 4" experience preferred) with a combination of at least five to seven years public/private experience.
• Extensive experience in the preparation of SEC forms including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and S filings.
• Extensive knowledge of GAAP and compliance issues around FASB, SEC, EITF and AICPA, in particular ASC 718, Stock Compensation.
• Respectfully and steadfastly adheres to the highest standards of business ethics.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to produce professional level reports.
• Must be proactive, detail-oriented, a self-starter, able to take responsibility and maintain high quality and accuracy in reporting with specific deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to clearly and concisely document technical accounting and reporting matters and effectively communicate complex accounting issues to non-financial people at all levels.
• High degree of proficiency in Excel, Word and ERP systems.
• Prior experience within and/or passion for the clean tech industry
EnerNOC - 14 months ago
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...