The Danaher Sensors and Controls Group manufactures and markets products that sense, measure and control temperature, position, quantity, time, level and flow in the Process Automation and Factory Automation Markets. We employ approximately 2,000 associates at locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Products are sold directly to OEM Customers and through distributors totaling about $400mm/year.
Setra, a division of Danaher, manufactures, distributes, and sells pressure transducers, balances and fiber optic illuminators to the Industrial, HVAC, and semiconductor markets on a global basis through a variety of channels to market. Sonix, manufactures, distributes, and sells capital equipment from the semi conductor market.
Our role is based in Boxborough MA - relo is provided
Purpose of Position:
The Manager of Financial Reporting drives financial forecasting and analysis throughout the organization in order to develop strategies and implement the long-term goals of the organization. The position reports directly to the Controller.
This position will expose the candidate to the rigors and requirements of supporting the business with financial data while still supporting the accounting function. Additionally, this position provides an excellent initial opportunity in staff management with a small resulting team and is an excellent developmental position for candidates aspiring to advance to a Controller or a VP of Finance position within Danaher.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Drives initiatives to improve and standardize financial information flow through the company.
- Responsible for monthly forecasting requirements
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Develops key financial analysis to aid in business decisions, budgeting and forecasting, and cost structure analysis.
- Analyzes financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Acts as the analysis resource for SETRA, by providing training and standard methodologies for forecasting and analysis across the entire finance team.
- Manages all aspects of FP&A team development.
- Assists in close and other activities requiring full finance participation (i.e. Sox testing, audit) at the request and direction of controller.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Computer skills - extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge and full understanding of organization wide financial modeling.
- Understanding of financial analytical techniques and ability to think strategically.
- Strong analytical skills in order to synthesize complex or diverse information. Use of intuition and experience to complement data and design work flow/procedure.
- Problem solving skills in order to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; analyze information and develop alternative solutions.
- Detail oriented and data management skills.
- Ability to simultaneously handle a variety of projects.
- Ability to handle stress and meet deadlines.
- Project Management Team management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate data and words.
- Quality driven - Continuously looking for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to set and achieve challenging goals - high level of energy.
Education and Experience
SETRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- CPA certification required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing accounting environment at a senior level position.
- Experience with financial systems implementation/utilization (Hyperion, CAMM, databases)
Danaher is a Fortune 200, NYSE-listed, science and technology leader that designs, manufactures and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 63,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2012, we generated $18.3 billion of revenue from five reporting segments:
Test & Measurement
Life Sciences & Diagnostics
. For more information please visit our website:
Finance / Accounting
North America-United States-MA-Boxborough
North America-United States
Danaher - 30+ days ago
Setra offers the ultimate combination of engineering integrity and passenger comfort, for long-term quality that attracts top quality busine...