Job Title: Manager of Foundation Relations
Department: NRAEF, Washington DC
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Chief Development Officer, NRAEF
Summary of Position:
The Manager of Foundation Relations is responsible for designing and executing a long-range strategy to significantly increase the level of funding to the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) from charitable foundations. This individual will be responsible for creating a pipeline of foundations whose mission aligns with that the NRAEF, create and execute an annual plan for foundation support that will ensure the success of foundation giving as directed by the Foundation’s development plan, designed to meet and exceed the organization’s annual goals for philanthropic revenue. Participate in private grant funding program with designated staff to develop, research, write and apply for grant based funding opportunities. Works with senior leadership to help articulate plans for program expansion based on funding opportunities and institutional priorities. This position is a member of the senior development team reporting to the Senior Vice President, Chief Development Officer in the NRAEF offices in Washington DC.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising and grant writing preferred
- The Manager of Foundation Relations must demonstrate exception skills as a strategic thinker with ability to develop compelling solicitation proposals and scenarios. This individual must have proven skills in grant writing and submission experience with a proven track record of successful grants received from foundations and/or corporations.
- Exceptional writing skills are required.
- This person must demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and be a confident self-starter and team player who understands how to work in a complex organization. He or she must demonstrate an ability to work with and command the respect and confidence of leadership volunteers, senior management, program staff and development colleagues.
Successful track record of experience with foundation and/or corporate fundraising, including the creation and solicitation of grants from foundations and/or corporations. Demonstrated experience in providing staff support for board members in solicitations.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising principles, including the techniques and practices of garnering individual, corporation and foundation support. Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment while maintaining high personal standards for the quality of output.