As Manager of Global
Telecommunications, you will be responsible for providing strategic and
technical direction as well as developing enterprise standards and solutions
for the HDS telecommunications infrastructure, systems, and voice applications
to meet emerging business needs.
You will manage daily telecom operations which includes voicemail, telephone
systems, video conferencing, carrier circuits, audio conferencing,
collaboration tools, calling cards, pagers, billing, telecom expense
management, service level reporting ,and support contract and vendor
management. This role is responsible for leading the HDS Telecommunications
support team in the planning, configuration, implementation, optimization,
support, and maintenance of all telephone systems and services, voicemail and
PBX communication systems, and video conferencing environments.
Here’s what you get to
· Manage the day-to-day
operation of the HDS Telecommunications support team. Manage personnel
administration duties, including reviews, salary and disciplinary actions.
Motivate team to work together in the most efficient and cohesive manner,
mitigating team conflict and communication problems. Coach, mentor, and develop
staff, including overseeing new employee on boarding and providing career
development planning and opportunities.
· Manage and administer telecommunications infrastructure and its associated
software, including PBXs, VoIP, call management systems, voice mail,
interactive voice response, and other telephony or network applications.
· Develop long-range telecommunications development plans in accordance with
the IT strategic plan. Design and oversee telecommunications projects to
improve or expand the current infrastructure. Prepare telecommunications budget
recommendations. Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and
training plans for telecommunication systems administration and appropriate
use. Work with end users to establish service level agreements based on
customer requirements. Administer add, move, and change requests from end users
as well as new line installations.
· Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for telecommunications
traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telecommunications
systems. Assess need for system reconfigurations. Conduct testing and develop
disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and backup
systems. Generate telecommunications usage and inventory reports.
· Research emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of
telecommunications equipment procurement and development efforts. Interact and
negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure products and
services. Administer contracts for telecommunications equipment and services.
Oversee and implement the acquisition and installation of telecommunications
· Collaborate with other technical staff to ensure the proper installation of
cabling, wiring, and other electrical hardware. Provide 7x24 on-call technical
support to staff when escalation is needed within 15 minutes of notification.
· Manage multiple telecommunications projects concurrently. Plan projects and
identify project scope and resources; recommend project budget and spending
plan. Identify potential risks and design strategies to mitigate or avoid them.
Monitor and track project progress. Recommend changes to project plan in
response to unforeseen changes or unexpected results. Manage project resources
and budget. Coordinate the testing, installation and implementation of system
modifications. Provide technical direction and leadership to less experienced
· Ensure proactive monitoring and alerting systems are in-place for critical
components of the telecommunications infrastructure. Develop performance
metrics and quality criteria to ensure superior uptime and reliability.
Establish and provide monthly reporting on uptime and availability metrics for
the services being monitored.
We want you to have background like this:
· A Bachelor's degree in telecommunications, computer science, information science, management information systems, engineering or a related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum of 7 years of leadership experience for a large voice enterprise
· Minimum of 10 years in the telecommunication and network technology fields with voice engineering design experience
· Extensive knowledge of current principles, practices, protocols and standards of telecommunications; methods of the proper installation, implementation, and maintenance of telecommunications equipment, and voice/data equipment, including IVR's and call processing applications as well as experience designing, installing, and troubleshooting cabling and wiring systems.
· Working technical knowledge of PBX, voice mail, interactive voice services, call management systems, telecommunications accounting systems,VoIP technology, carrier networks, wireless technology,and unified communications including; Nortel (Meridian1 Option 11-81C, BCM, Norstar, and CallPilot), Centigram, Altigen Altisys, Avaya (Aura Communications Manager - S8710, Merlin, S8710, G650, CallBack Manager, S8500, VectraView, NeXorce, CMS), ShoreTel Director, Polycom and LifeSize Video Conferencing equipment.
· Technical writing and analytical experience in debugging and diagnosing telecommunications issues and reporting on prognosis and or break/fix specifics
· Highly effective leadership skills. Able to enhance individual and team performance through direct one to one training and coaching to yield continuous improvement
· Able to handle stressful situations and think under pressure
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hitachi Data Systems provides best-in-class information technologies, services and solutions that deliver compelling customer ROI, unmatched return on assets (ROA) and demonstrable business impact. With a vision that IT must be virtualized, automated, cloud-ready and sustainable, Hitachi Data Systems offers solutions that improve IT costs and agility. We are 1 of the top 3 storage vendors in the world and we do business in more than 100 countries and regions. Our customers include more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100.
Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work!
Glassdoor’s Top Companies for Work-Life Balance!
Hitachi Data Systems - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Hitachi, which means "risen sun," is looking for a new dawn of profits from its galaxy of businesses. The...